Hardcast ammo comparison

PDA

84B20
August 14, 2009, 10:47 PM
I would like to get some input on these two bullets. Pros or cons of either or no big difference at all. I have both and have practiced a bit with both but not extensively yet. I am planning a future trip to Alaska to photograph the landscape and will be carrying a 50 lb camera pack so a handgun will be my weapon of choice, a Ruger Redhawk .44 5.5 in. barrel to be specific.

Buffalo Bore Heavy .44 Magnum +P+ Ammo
340 gr. L.F.N. - G.C. (1,478 fps/M.E. 1,649 ft. lbs.)

GARRETT'S 44 MAG HAMMERHEAD AMMO
330-GR SUPER-HARD-CAST GC LONG-HAMMERHEAD AT 1400-FPS

If you enjoyed reading about "Hardcast ammo comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oro
August 14, 2009, 10:55 PM
Both are respected rounds from respected makers. They are virtually identical on paper, so take your choice. I have used the former, but not the latter. It was a purchase of convenience, not because I thought the BB brought more to the table. Choose whichever one you want.

SgtGunner
August 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
I cast my own these days, I have a good supply of lino and a few friends in the tire business but when I actually bought hard cast I usually went to BB only because they are much easier to locate locally. I have used the BB in 45LC and 45ACP with very good results, however I am sure either of the two companies you mentioned will bring you smiles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hardcast ammo comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!