Are Online Gun & Ammo Sales Taxed?

PDA

GunLvrNLearner
August 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
If Buds list a gun for 300 delivered is my total 300 plus w/e my shop charges for the transfer or is there a tax?

What about ammo?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Online Gun & Ammo Sales Taxed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
glocks rock
August 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
If you live in the state where the store is located then you will have to pay tax. If you don't live in the state then you don't. That's with guns I'm not sure about ammo.

oneounceload
August 17, 2009, 12:39 PM
That's with ANYTHING - If you have a Cabela's in your state - even if you order over the net, they must charge you sales tax (states without sales tax notwithstanding).

GunLvrNLearner
August 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks, I realize if its in your state thing but with silly laws i wasnt sure if gun owners got some kinda "sin tax" like smokers

I have no Cabelas in my state,so i can order tons of ammo without tax?

Buds is in KY and i am not so again no tax?

scottaschultz
August 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
Some states do allow business outside of their state to charge sales tax. (Don't ask me which ones!) The easiest way to find out is to put together an order and you will see what the total is with shipping before you put in your credit card information. If you don't like what you see, cancel the order.

Scott

SmokeyVol
August 17, 2009, 07:06 PM
No tax on out of state sales, but your local FFL will charge a transfer fee to cover the paperwork. It runs $20 to $40 in most places.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Online Gun & Ammo Sales Taxed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!