Grand Junction, CO

PDA

justice4all
October 27, 2003, 06:48 PM
It looks like I may be offered a job in Grand Junction after I graduate from law school, in less than two months. I was hoping some THRers could advise me as to the gun scene in that part of the state. By that I mean are there decent places to shoot, decent dealers, etc. Also, any other comments regarding residential real estate and/or other non-gun-related comments would be most appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Junction, CO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bill Hook
October 27, 2003, 07:20 PM
Not from there, but it seemed like a nice place when I was last there. Maybe a little too remote.

Standing Wolf
October 27, 2003, 07:45 PM
It's in a truly beautiful part of the country. I'd be very surprised to learn the majority of people there aren't shooters of one sort or another. If you meet the minimum requirements, the local sheriff not only shall issue you a permit to carry concealed hand guns, but will probably be glad to do so. Your dollars will buy a lot more in western Colorado than most parts of the country.

You're going to love it.

Bill Hook
October 27, 2003, 07:47 PM
I'd be spending a good bit of time in Colo. Nat'l Monument, which, unfortunately, isn't firearms friendly.

dinosaur
October 27, 2003, 08:14 PM
I`ve been through there. It is beautiful and the people seemed friendly. I hope you like the mountains.:D

marvl
October 27, 2003, 09:29 PM
It's hot as hell in the summer. And if you need a Gucci range bag you're looking at a 9 hour drive. Otherwise, not bad. :D

Edward429451
October 27, 2003, 09:39 PM
Thats a very beautiful part of the state. No specifics on places to shoot but as long as you're in national forest you can shoot with safety. It's amazing how many previously used shooting areas can be found (brass & targets), just over the first ridge from the road...I kid you not.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Junction, CO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!