Reliable A-stan and Iraq sitrep?

PDA

Balog
October 28, 2003, 05:20 PM
I was reading this thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=46819&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) and I got to thinking. Other than occasional first person accounts, I've not seen any good, reliable sitreps about Afghanistan or Iraq. Since there is a pretty good chance I'll find myself in one of these two places sometime next year, I'm understandably anxious to stay current on what's happening there. Not only with the political situation, but also in terms of the performance of the weapons and equipment. Does anyone have a good source for something like that?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reliable A-stan and Iraq sitrep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DeputyVaughn
October 28, 2003, 06:36 PM
Though they are usually a few weeks behind the times, SOF is usually has the most accurate sitreps I read regarding world events.

Scott

Balog
November 5, 2003, 05:39 PM
Anybody else? Any good option other than SOF?

TallPine
November 5, 2003, 05:51 PM
Not as bad as the Democrats and NY Times say,

but not as good as Bush, Rumsfield & Co say.

I'm still waiting for the US to ask Saddam to come back and take over his country again .... :D

Mark Tyson
November 5, 2003, 06:28 PM
For the nitty gritty grunts-eye-view review, SOF is hard to beat. The only better thing would be a conversation with those who have been there. You might want to look for a copy of Infantry magazine, published by the US army infantry school at Ft Benning.

There are not to many Marines left in Afghanistan, last I heard, except for some special ops guys.

Good luck wherever you end up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reliable A-stan and Iraq sitrep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!