Shot my Greener 10 gauge today

PDA

Pulp
August 24, 2009, 01:09 AM
I haven't gotten to do much shooting lately due to minor things like work, but my brother is in from Alabama for awhile so we went out a burned a bit of powder. I load the Greener very lightly, a square load made with a 7/8 oz Lee shot dipper since it's an old gun, but it will dust up a clay pigeon. Dang that thing is fun to shoot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BlackPowderPulp/HPIM0911.jpg

I also shot up a bunch of BP 20 gauge shells I loaded 3 or 4 years ago. They'll take out the pigeons quite nicely.

And this isn't BP related, but you know that little piece of pipe lookin' thingy that goes over the spring of a 1911, and then you secure it down with that little U-shaped thingy? Well, hold that thing down real good, 'cause it will draw blood in the middle of your forehead.:mad:

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot my Greener 10 gauge today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ratdog68
August 24, 2009, 01:19 AM
LOL.... OUCH ! Since we missed it... do it again for us while ya get it on digital film to post up. :evil:

Glad you got out too and had some fun with the toys. Good on yaz !!

Das Jaeger
August 24, 2009, 01:45 AM
now thats funny !

Nice Shotgun , if it could talk , more . :D

Ummm , 1911's , gotta watch that springy thingy , and oh , don't point muzzle at head :D
I think thats in the RULE book . :D Your just lucky it didn't take out your eye . I broke a nice Collectors plate on my wall when I had mine fly out once , I wasn't popular that night, it was her plate :banghead:

Great photos , thanks, Jaeger

stevemo1056
September 3, 2009, 10:16 PM
if ya ever want to sell your greener please let me know, steve 2392925190

alemonkey
September 3, 2009, 11:29 PM
Yikes! I've learned to always wear glasses when working on guns, after sending a few spring loaded parts flying across the room.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot my Greener 10 gauge today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!