Stevens Visible Loader -Parts

PDA

rwhichel
August 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
I have an old Stevens Visible Loader (SVL) pump 22 rifle that has been passed down in my family from my grandfather to my father to me (I am 69years old). It is now in the need of repairs and to make the repairs I will need a few parts. If anyone out there has an old SVL parts gun or knows where parts are available please advise. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron W.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Visible Loader -Parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
August 25, 2009, 04:00 PM
Heres maybe your best & only bet:

http://www.gun-parts.com/savagerifle/

http://www.wisnersinc.com/rifles/stevens/pump.html

rc

kirbythegunsmith
August 28, 2009, 02:09 AM
I just recently started to part out a Visible Loader to help out a fellow 'smith when he couldn't source the parts anywhere else.
I have an old V.L. that could use the pump wood replaced or the previous glue job improved.
Once I look over the one needing a bit of repair, I might be able to let loose some of the parts needed for other shooters.
The frame has a chunk of tang cracked off, and the butt and attaching screw were gone already.
The other guy got away with the mag. tube, dovetailed bands, and front sight.

If somebody was really interested, I might be convinced to sell the complete unit to somebody wanting to give it a good home.

kirbythegunsmith@hotmail.com

rwhichel
August 30, 2009, 01:44 AM
Kirby, The main parts I need are: The sleeve that the outer mag. tube screws into (The sleeve also has a socket on the bottom that anchors the forward end of the action locking arm), I could also use the locking arm itself , I need the retaining screw that screws into the end of the barrel retaining pin, I also need the largest diameter bolt that goes through the receiver(it is the second bolt from the rear of the receiver) , I could also use one forearm screw. I might also be interested in the barrel if the bore and rifleing are in decent shape. Do you have any or all of those parts? If so please let me know what you have and what your price would be. Thanks for responding, Ron W.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Visible Loader -Parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!