My family needs your prayers

PDA

bang_bang
August 25, 2009, 11:49 PM
I know the Rallying Point section has been filled with somber news lately, but bear with me.

My grandmother is not in the best of health at the moment. 5 years ago (on my 16th birthday to be exact) she had a triple bypass surgery. Just the other day, we were informed of a growth in on of her lungs. Needless to say, all of the symptoms point towards cancer...final verdict is still to come on that....

This is extremely hard on my family. She practically raised me and my brother, and she has always been very close to me.

I would appreciate you all to say a quick prayer for Betty Shepherd and the family. Means a bunch, even though you may be a thousand miles away.

If you enjoyed reading about "My family needs your prayers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
August 25, 2009, 11:53 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Sorry for the news

Bentonville
August 26, 2009, 12:13 AM
I will be praying for her, the family, and you. Please keep us informed.

503glock
August 26, 2009, 01:15 AM
you are in my thoughts

tangomike706
August 26, 2009, 02:43 AM
Likewise , my thought and prayers go out to you, and your family.

Mp7
August 26, 2009, 04:39 AM
the thoughts of an atheist are with your too.

TexasRedneck
August 26, 2009, 07:36 AM
Thoughts and prayers, my friend.....

3pairs12
August 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
Prayers sent for your grandma and your family.

bikerdoc
August 26, 2009, 07:56 AM
Fellow Virginian,
Prayers sent, you and yours will be included in our sevice this evening.
Doc

jn1965
August 26, 2009, 08:53 AM
My thoughts and prayers go to you and your grandma

7X57chilmau
August 26, 2009, 08:56 AM
My thoughts are with you too. I've waited for a loved one's inevitable diagnosis before too, and they're hard times. Prayers aren't my thing either, but you have my best wishes, and I hope for your grandmother.

J

z3ro
August 26, 2009, 09:30 AM
Good luck!

BMF500
August 26, 2009, 09:40 AM
My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

krazykelley
August 26, 2009, 09:45 AM
You grandmother and family are in my thoughts. Prayer sent, hope it helps.

GodGuns&Guitars
August 26, 2009, 10:16 AM
As one who fights cancer every day, I will pray for her right now.

PX15
August 26, 2009, 11:10 AM
FWIW:

I was raised by a wonderful Grandmother after my Mom was murdered by my step-father (who then committed suicide) when I was 7..

I have a special place in my heart for Grandmothers, and my wife and I will certainly offer prayers nightly on your Grandmothers behalf..

God Bless you and your whole family,

Jesse & JoAnn Pomeroy

GojuBrian
August 26, 2009, 02:09 PM
Prayers sent up!

twkremer
August 26, 2009, 03:42 PM
My thoughts are with your family.

Deltaboy
August 26, 2009, 07:26 PM
Prayers for you and your family during this time with your Grandmother.

czrami9
August 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
Praying for you and your family.

NavyGuy
August 26, 2009, 08:55 PM
Just said one brother,
I hope God sends comfort and mercy towards you and your family. Hope these help:

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Lamentations 3:31-33
For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

NavyGuy

mesinge2
August 26, 2009, 09:42 PM
I told my whole family and our prayers are with you.

Bentonville
August 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
Great Scriptures Navy Guy, and not often quoted afaik. I hope they bring comfort to bang_bang. These guys on this forum are really great. What a great place to hang out with top quality people.

JImbothefiveth
August 27, 2009, 12:05 AM
An Our Father and a Hail Mary sent. Hope she gets better. :)

ccsniper
August 27, 2009, 02:11 AM
even though you may be a thousand miles away.

even though I prayed a thousand miles away, Christ who stands right next to me day to day, heard my prayer while standing right next to you day to day. My favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 13, I pray she gets better.

PRM
August 27, 2009, 08:07 AM
Just prayed for her and your family and will continue.

bang_bang
August 27, 2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks a bunch guys...really means a lot to me and my family.

Just learned that it is cancer, but it hasn't spread into her brain or abdominal cavity. They did find some on her lymph nodes, though. They still have to run some more tests to positively identify what type they are dealing with, but they plan on starting radiation treatments next week as soon as the biopsy is complete.

We're all just hoping she can make it to her birthday on October 8th. It'll be a special one for sure.

johnchamp
August 28, 2009, 07:11 PM
bang bang i will pray for her to god tonight god bless you & your family john.

datruth
August 28, 2009, 08:12 PM
I hope for strength for you and yours keep the faith

Lonestar49
August 28, 2009, 11:23 PM

Put one, for her, you, and your family, on file with The_Almighty

My best,

Ls

RIATAC45
August 28, 2009, 11:43 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to you tonight, having also been raised by grandparents.

God Bless You and Yours

KevinAbbeyTech
August 29, 2009, 12:27 AM
My Prayers are with your Grandmother and your family.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

EugeneInNC
August 29, 2009, 01:27 AM
My prayers are with your grandmother, you and your family. I hope that with Gods help she can beat this thing.

bang_bang
August 29, 2009, 06:13 PM
Just got home from visiting her with my parents and brother. She had an "ok" day today...smiled and laughed a bit.

She knows exactly what I know about her illness. She knows that when it's her time, she'll be in a better place and not struggle or suffer. It's going to take her quick, but it could be another 2-3 years from now, or next week. She knows it's going to be a hard road ahead, but she's still got some fight in her.

Keep praying guys. Thanks a million. :)

m2steven
August 30, 2009, 12:00 PM
My prayers are offered for you and your family.

Nick_90
August 30, 2009, 12:27 PM
8000 miles away from where you live, overhere in Switzerland, my thoughts are with you and your family! Best wishes!

slammy
August 30, 2009, 01:33 PM
My wife and I prayed for you and yours today, best wishes.

content
August 30, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hello friends and neighbors/// May God bless you and keep you. May his grace shine upon you and bring you peace./// Thinking of you and yours..content

LlanoEstacado
August 30, 2009, 02:46 PM
I pray for your grandmother, Betty Shepherd, and her family. Romans 8:37-39.

ThePants
August 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
Your grandmother and family are and will be in my prayers.

Guillermo
August 31, 2009, 12:59 AM
I will pray for her and add her name to the prayer group at my church

God be with you

Ken Rainey
August 31, 2009, 10:55 PM
I sent a prayer for your Grandmother, you, all the family and friends, and all medical personel associated with her case ... may the Lord keep and bless you all ... Amen

Mr. T
September 1, 2009, 04:41 PM
Dear Bang Bang,

May our Lord Jesus above, bestow upon Betty Shepherd, God's choicest blessings; and amongst those blessings may there be health of body and health of mind throughout the remainder of her days; may she feel the love of all those around her until You call her home to be with You and your Father

Amen

I truly hope your grandmother is going to be O.K.

Scotty P
September 1, 2009, 09:59 PM
Prayers sent <><

dkk73
September 2, 2009, 02:41 AM
Of course! You're in our thoughts. Hang in there.

Eustachius234
September 2, 2009, 07:23 AM
Prayers sent.

May our Lord and His Blessed Mother Mary, be with you & yours.

Tacbandit
September 3, 2009, 01:49 AM
bang...
Gotcha covered...My family and I will be praying her, for you and for the whole family...Keep us posted. Believing for a miracle!!!! You may be hundreds of miles from me, but The Lord is only a prayer away from you......God Bless....

ricebasher302
September 3, 2009, 01:44 PM
Prayers sent! Hang in there, dude. The lord works in myserious ways. I lost my grandfather not long ago. It's not easy, but keep looking up. I hope your grandmother is blessed with a miracle.

bang_bang
September 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
Well, time for another update...hopefully the last for a good while.

She started her Chemotherapy treatments the other day. So far, she's had some pretty good days and I think she's got the fight in her to hang in there. We're actually looking to bring her home possibly next week.

At first, we were all doubtful due to her condition. But I think that her accepting she has cancer and not wanting to die from it has put some courage into her. Also, the prayers and cards from everyone has sure helped EVERYONE with the situation. Thanks guys...and like I said, I hope that it's all up hill from here.

If you enjoyed reading about "My family needs your prayers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!