Confused about Remington 700 stocks.

PDA

stevekl
August 28, 2009, 08:03 PM
I have a Remington SPS in .223, detailed here:
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_SPS.asp

Which replacements stocks will fit my rifle? I'm thinking of starting a project of finding an old scratched up walnut stock and refinishing it and putting it on my .223 here. There's a few worn out looking walnut stocks on ebay.

Obviously it's a short action rifle. Will any short action stock fit? It couldn't possibly be that easy because nothing ever is. And what does ADL/BDL mean?

Thanks for any help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Confused about Remington 700 stocks." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ditch-Tiger
August 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
Normally(99% of the time) ADL= no floor plate & BDL= floorplate
Yes, any short action stock for a Remington will drop in as long as the stock is not listed for a varmint/target/heavy barrel.

(i say normally because i have a BDL that does not have a floorplate (blind) and had to replace the stock with one listed for an ADL)

stevekl
August 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
Killer! Thanks

Homerboy
August 29, 2009, 01:22 PM
Is replacing an ADL with a BDL that easy? You just pop off the old stock and drop in the new? I have a 700 ADl and would like the option of the flooplate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Confused about Remington 700 stocks." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!