Hensoldt Fero Z24 question...

PDA

Wolfsburg
August 29, 2009, 06:51 PM
I recently bought a Fero Z24 scope for my PTR. The scope is in very nice condition with clear optics but when it is mounted the reticle is canted a few degrees off from horizontal! I don't have any experience with these scopes but is there any way to correct this? It's not a huge deal I guess, but it looks kinda silly...

If you enjoyed reading about "Hensoldt Fero Z24 question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
August 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
Nope, I don't think so.
Most likely an out of spec receiver on your PTR.

I have seen comments about people having to take off the little plastic bumper pad that butts up against the rear sight to get them to set down & lock down right.

Might check that out.

rc

Wolfsburg
August 29, 2009, 08:50 PM
Well, a friend of mine looked at it and says it looks fine to him. Maybe I'm just getting cockeyed. I guess I need to put the gun in a mount and see how it looks then. I certainly hope the receiver isn't out of spec!

I know the bumper people are referring to, but I didn't have any problems getting the mount clamped down. It doesn't appear to be interfering with anything that I can tell.

rjewell
September 8, 2009, 11:39 PM
I have the exact same set up on my PTR91, and i had no problem clamping it on, and my reticals are canted as well, annoyed me at first, but i just live with it now..:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Hensoldt Fero Z24 question..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!