I've decided to hold a compact handgun match this month. There are two classes Revolver and Automatic. I'm going to keep the rules fairly straight forward. They are as follows.
1. The barrel must be less than 3 inches.
2. The target will be shot at 20 feet.
3. You must shoot from a standing position.
4. Only fixed sights may be used.
5. This competition is for 5 shot groups.
6. You may shoot the target of your choice but the following must be written on the target itself " September 09 compact match" followed by your screenname, the group size measured center to center, what handgun,caliber, and what ammo you used.
If you enjoyed reading about "September compact handgun match" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
September 10, 2009, 06:37 PM
I made it out to the range today. I don't own a snubby, but noticed the range just put one of those 13.5 oz, 1.875" Ruger LCR revolvers into the rental cabinet. I've been reading many things about the LCR, and have been interested in shooting one, so I thought I'd give this a go and kill 2 birds.
With the WWB .38spl ammo I had to buy from the range, I managed a 5-shot group that was just under 1.2". Tough work with this little gun!
I went to the range today and rented the smallest semi-auto in the cabinet so I could take another whack at this (a 9mm M&P Compact). I just discovered, though, that "Compact" apparently isn't compact enough, since on-line specs indicate it has a 3.5" barrel. :banghead:
September 17, 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah on autos you'll need something like a Ruger LCP or Keltec.
September 18, 2009, 08:45 PM
I only have a couple of guns that meet the criteria, and since I was going to be reloading and shooting 357 mag today, that narrowed it down to my 649-3: