Marlin 39 or Browning SA which is better?

PDA

KodeFore
August 29, 2009, 11:20 PM
Recently i saw Bass pro had the Browning SA and the Marlin 39 for 500 ( Might have been sale prices ) and I would like opinions on which would be best for the money?

I seem to be getting addicted to rim-fire long guns lately, I a taurus m63, a sears MOD 5 lever rimfire I really like and 4 Marlin Semi auto autos I like ( 60, 70,70ps,70pss and they are great little guns, all these are low end 22 and I am thinking I would like to step up a notch

I like the look and feel of both the browning SA and the marlin 39. I know the guns they have out now are not collectible. I have heard good things about the browning, even though it is apparently now made in china I think but after searching the marlin 39 thread I have some concerns about quality control of the newer marlin 39s.

If I am going to spend over 500$ for a 22 I expect it to the shoot great out of the box with no issues.

My concern over the Browning is that being a semi it might be ammo sensitive like it seems most semi autos are, whereas I expect a lever gun to eat anything i feed it without complaining.

Which gun is of better quality?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 39 or Browning SA which is better?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 39 or Browning SA which is better?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!