A Tribute To AussieTH

PDA

arcticap
August 31, 2009, 11:26 PM
I received this email today from AussieTH and his wife:

Hi Steven,

Guess that I have been putting this one off a bit! :))))).

Bit late in the day but I will have to pull out of the gun collecting bit. I have just spent 2.5 weeks in hospital having brain surgery – (specifically the removal of an aggrexxxxxxssive CA tumour from the right frontal lobe. They belive they got all of it. But I have been put under death sentence - It is a vdry m

Hi Steve is Tony’s wife Kay,

Things are a bit difficult here at the moment as Tony has been told he has only 6 to 12 months of life left. His tumour is a very aggressive one and even radium treatment will only give an extra month or two. They got as much as they could without causing brain damage. Sorry had to take over as you can see his typing skills are not the best.

How do you want to handle his collection, as will not be bringing them out to Oz? Want me to contact [XXXX] and put them up for resale? Your input would be much appreciated. Wish things were a lot better.

Await your advice and thank you for all your help,

Kay & Tony

If you enjoyed reading about "A Tribute To AussieTH" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ratdog68
August 31, 2009, 11:41 PM
OMG.... I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Godspeed Tony and Kay. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

4v50 Gary
September 1, 2009, 12:29 AM
I'll cross my fingers for our Ossie cousins on the other side of the Pacific pond.

mykeal
September 1, 2009, 12:32 AM
Nothing I can say is adequate to express my feelings. I hope Tony and Kay can take comfort in the good times and believe that as painful as it is now, God has a better place prepared.

TomADC
September 1, 2009, 12:41 AM
So sorry to hear this our thoughts and prayers are on the way.
I lost a son in law last month 52 years old.

Fingers McGee
September 1, 2009, 01:15 AM
Our prayers are up for Tony and family. Even though we've never met in person, we're still brothers of the smoke.

Oyeboten
September 1, 2009, 02:50 AM
Oh no...

I'm so sorry to hear this...

In my Prayers, you bet.

A speedy recovery..!

bigbadgun
September 1, 2009, 07:20 AM
Tony and Kay are in my prayers.

Das Jaeger
September 1, 2009, 07:33 AM
I have seen some miracles in life , hope one happens here for you Tony .
Prayers are with ya bud . I don't actualy believe Doctors have the last say in this matter anyways .

Jaeger

Ginormous
September 1, 2009, 07:52 AM
This is deeply saddening news arcticap.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Tony. May the love of those around you help comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead.

Mp7
September 1, 2009, 08:16 AM
all the best to our mate from Oz.

My thoughts are with you.

fyrfyter43
September 1, 2009, 08:54 AM
Tony and Kay, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

madcratebuilder
September 1, 2009, 09:19 AM
Tony and Kay, you are in my prayers. Keep a positive attitude, Doctors are wrong at times.

Shultzhaus
September 1, 2009, 10:23 AM
There are still such things as miracles. We will pray for one.

armoredman
September 1, 2009, 10:28 AM
God Bless, and may He work a miracle.

Cosmoline
September 1, 2009, 01:14 PM
Terrible news. I hope the MD's are wrong, as they often turn out to be.

NCWanderer
September 1, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'm truly sorry to hear this news. I always enjoy Tony's posts. His are one of the one's I looked forward to reading the most. We must remember that God does answer prayers and I know there will be many in Tony's behalf.
God bless you both.
NC

jimmyraythomason
September 1, 2009, 02:24 PM
My uncle was stuck by a pick-up while he was on a tractor. He had massive internal injuries including injuries to his head. The family was called in as the doctors assured us that he would not last through the night. BUT HE DID! That happened in 1978. My uncle died earlier this year but not from anything resulting from the accident. What I am saying is that miracles DO happen and the doctors aren't always right. Prayers for Aussie and family.

sltm1
September 1, 2009, 04:20 PM
Guy's, Don't forget to get the word out on his collection being for sale!! I just posted it over on the "voy", one of you ought to post on "The Fireing Line", I'm not a member. Obviously, the LRE project is on hold, but never say die. WHEN, not if, Tony recovers, we'll have another stab at it. Prayers, thought's and wishes to Tony and Kay.

NobleSniper
September 1, 2009, 05:45 PM
Damn I hate to hear this. I always liked and respected Tony..... a real good guy. Prayers going out for you brother ;)

ClemBert
September 1, 2009, 06:00 PM
As a fellow soot lord brother my thoughts and prayers go out to you Tony and Kay.

BHP FAN
September 1, 2009, 07:21 PM
Prayers are on the way...

sundance44s
September 1, 2009, 09:04 PM
Tony stay strong ...its never over until it`s over .

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family .

messerist
September 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
We are all thinking of you guys. May God watch out over you.

Oyeboten
September 1, 2009, 10:37 PM
Throw away those 'Cell Phones'...and don't let any one near use them either.

Stear clear of the relay Towers also...

idaram
September 2, 2009, 02:05 PM
Never give up! Never, ever give up!

All my best,

IR

badpenny
September 2, 2009, 03:00 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you mate

DoubleDeuce 1
September 2, 2009, 11:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Peace to you and yours. Stay strong and never give up.:cool:

BCRider
September 3, 2009, 01:03 AM
Words never seen adequite in face of such news. But even so I wish you both all the best of both luck and personal strength in dealing with this sad event. And I'm crossing my fingers that the doctors are wrong or at least far too pessimistic.

arcticap
November 10, 2009, 08:31 AM
Tony's wife Kay wrote:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tony passed away last night peacefully at home without pain as he wished.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=108832&stc=1&d=1257857138

StrawHat
November 10, 2009, 08:41 AM
Our thoughts and prayers for Tony and his family.

bigbadgun
November 10, 2009, 09:32 AM
God Bless Tony and his family

BHP FAN
November 10, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear he's gone on ahead of us...but we'll catch up.Rest in peace...

madcratebuilder
November 10, 2009, 11:57 AM
RIP Tony, I hope to meet you at the big range in the shy.

Fingers McGee
November 10, 2009, 12:51 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tony and his family.

Fingers McGee & Lady Fingers

7X57chilmau
November 10, 2009, 01:27 PM
My best wishes to Tony's family. I lost my father to a brain tumour a couple years back, and it's a terrible battle to wage. I've never met the man, nor read any of his posts, but feel for him and his family all the same.

J

arcticap
November 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
He shared his dreams here and inspired us, and he was one of us.
He just wanted to have some fun making smoke.
And it really hadn't sunk in until now that he's gone, but he won't be forgotten anytime soon.
Not as long as there's still a long range Walker or a Dragoon hanging around. :)

DoubleDeuce 1
November 10, 2009, 05:53 PM
Peace to you and yours.

mykeal
November 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
May he rest in peace as he awaits his friends and family.

NobleSniper
November 10, 2009, 08:29 PM
It is with great sadness I read this. My condolences to his family. You will be missed Tony ;)

GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
November 10, 2009, 08:44 PM
I smoked a good cigar. I took a drink of good bourbon whiskey. I drank 2 cups of coffee. I fired my Uberti 1847 .44 Colt Walker 6 times into the wild blue skies of Wyoming....Goodbye AussieTH..Goodbye Long Range Express....

Acorn Mush
November 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
It is always sad to learn of the passing of one of our own - even those whom we have never met and most likely would never have the chance to meet.

The tributes posted here speak volumes about the closeness of our fraternity.

Earnest prayers for the repose of the soul of AussieTH and for the comfort of his family. Rest in piece, friend. God bless you.

Smokin_Gun
November 10, 2009, 10:24 PM
May the Divine Creator bless and keep our Brother Tony and his family, friends, and loved ones.

Gaucho Gringo
November 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
It is not with dry eyes that I read the news of AussieTH passing and the noble tributes that all of you have posted in his memory. May he rest in peace and his family has my condolences.

2RCO
November 10, 2009, 11:07 PM
RIP Aussie.
As some of you know I lost my wife to Cancer 2 years ago and in any form it's a horrible disease. To his widow I'm sure that Aussie is in a much better place without the pain that he had to suffer on Earth.

Raleigh

idaram
November 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
May he cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees.

IR

Thecrazedorganist
November 11, 2009, 03:00 AM
+ May his memory be everlasting +

Voodoochile
November 11, 2009, 06:35 AM
:cry: Man I hate to hear news like this, I hope that His wife is doing well & that God is by her side on this time of need.

I do appologise for not seeing this thread sooner & sent my well wishes. :(

Wolfebyte
November 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
Friends across the pond brought together by the love of the sport....

In our prayers..

Godspeed

arcticap
March 9, 2010, 04:44 AM
On Nov. 22, 2009, Tony's wife Kay wrote:

Firstly convey my sincerest thanks to the guys for the posts on the high road forums very much appreciated and am sure he has looked and smiled to his friends...

Kay

Ratdog68
May 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
I started wondering how things were going and did a search. The LRE concept won't be the same without his words of encouragement that bounced around.

Very sorry for your loss Kay, may the Almighty bring comfort to your heart.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/Ratdog68/BlackPowder/3Dragoon/3Dragoon003.jpg?t=1274389824

I'll think of one of my friends which I never got to meet... each time I fire my 3rd Model Dragoon and wish the LRE had come to fruition.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Tribute To AussieTH" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!