Problem seating primers

PDA

JimGun
September 2, 2009, 12:33 AM
Recently I posted a thread asking what could cause some of my primers not to fire, thinking it might be a bad batch of primers. However, several on this website advised me that the primers were not seated properly. I was using a new RCBS hand primer ( my old one was lost in Hurricane IKE) but had never had a problem seating primers before. I called RCBS Customer Service and was told that it might be the Link Follower or the Primer Rod and with no fuss or fanfare, sent me a new Link Follower and Large Primer Rod free of charge. It solved my primer seating problem. You always hear complaints so I just thought I would pass on compliment about the folks at RCBS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem seating primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
loadedround
September 2, 2009, 07:26 AM
One of the best advertising slogans I have ever heard is Dillon's "Don't suffer in silence" advertisement. I think that phrase could be applied to any manufacturer...if you have a problem, call them! All manufacturer's have well trained customer service departments more than willing to help you and go that extra mile to satisfy you, especially using their equipment. This is a classic example, if you have a problem, make that call! :D

243winxb
September 2, 2009, 09:43 AM
Dillon will not send me a new shell plate unless i return the old one first at my own expense. Its defective, they should have put in a UPS pick-up notice to return free of charge.

Jumping Frog
September 2, 2009, 10:28 AM
You always hear complaints so I just thought I would pass on compliment about the folks at RCBS.
I am most impressed by the manufacturers that quietly ship products that reliably work right out of the box.

When I hear of a manufacturer's heroic or terrific customer service to rectify a problem, my first instinct is to wonder how the problem happened in the first place.

I am not picking on RCBS, I am just noting my attitude regarding quality in general. I have a bone to pick with Ruger these days when I have to send a pistol back to the factory NIB before I even shot it.

loadedround
September 2, 2009, 03:42 PM
243winxb: What does that have to do with seating primers? :rolleyes:

The Bushmaster
September 2, 2009, 03:45 PM
Or quality products manufactured by the thousands for that matter...And inspected by humans who are [in themselves] perfect...

Tony Sopranno
September 3, 2009, 10:59 AM
I have had the wrong part shipped in the original packaging (Lee primer insert tool for a one-banger die press). I sent an e-mail explaining the problem, three or four days later the new and right part was in my mailbox.

Their reply in e-mail told me to wait for the new part, and not to bother to return the improper (wrong) piece, included in the original package. ...Guess they had some similar problems or why would they not even ask to see the original part.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem seating primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!