Buckmark Sporter

PDA

BULLSI
September 2, 2009, 07:15 PM
How far out do you think that one would reasonably expect to hit bullseyes with this gun?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/pooknator/long%20term/100_5792Medium.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Buckmark Sporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
September 2, 2009, 08:23 PM
1000yds. depending upon the size of the bulls. :D

I would say that a decent rifleman shouldn't have trouble keeping it within 2MOA at 100yds using premium ammunition...I had a friend that had one that would do just that. BTW, that's a nice looking plinker. :)

BULLSI
September 2, 2009, 09:09 PM
lol yeah I forgot to mention that the bullseye was eight feet across. Thanks for the reply and compliment I used some tung oil on the wood and just put the scope on it last week. There is a 100yd range at the local gun club and was hopeing to be able to get out that far. Some decent grouping I hope anyways.

tju1973
September 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
Like he said--100yds should not be any issue with good ammo, and a bench-- That is a nice one though- -what scope is that?

Congrats!

BULLSI
September 3, 2009, 12:36 PM
The scope is a Winchester 2-7x32. Dont know much about scopes, it is what I could afford and thought it looked good. The selection where I went wasn't that great unless you wanted to spend upwards to 200+. And size was a factor as I didnt want to remove the front iron sight that is on the gun so it may be set back a little more and it has the highest rings. It is comfortable to look through though.

ArmedBear
September 3, 2009, 12:49 PM
In the right hands, Buckmark pistols can shoot quarter-size groups all day long at 25 yards, offhand, without any special ammo.

The rifle should shoot quite well.:)

Ruger should have done that with their pistols, too. I'd buy another Ruger semiauto rifle if they did, in a heartbeat -- and I won't touch their 10/22s.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Buckmark Sporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!