How Much Is This Worth?

PDA

troyboy94
September 3, 2009, 01:13 AM
A savage arms .22 cal semi auto with 3, 10 shot magazines. It has a little bit of surface rust on it and a few scratches but other than that it shoots great and is a good gun. Approximately how much is this worth?

If you enjoyed reading about "How Much Is This Worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ThrottleJockey72
September 3, 2009, 01:18 AM
A good rule for determining the value of ANYTHING is as follows:
It is worth EXACTLY, not one penny more nor one penny less, but EXACTLY what another is willing to pay.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there are too many unknown variables to even give a ballpark figure. Ever know anyone that had a car for sale for WAAAAY too long because they wouldn't budge from the price the internet told them it was worth?

cratti
September 3, 2009, 01:19 AM
You mean "magazines," I assume.
And... about $100. If that.

Big44mag
September 3, 2009, 10:58 AM
Do you happen to have a model number?

Best thing is to compare the model to what's on Gunbroker for the going rate. The Blue Book will give you an idea, but the firearm is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it not what is listed in a book.

cratti
September 3, 2009, 02:27 PM
If it's chambered in .22LR, it's the 64. The only thing that MIGHT increase the value is if it's not the standard 64F. It might be the 64F Camo, 64FSS, 64G, or 64BTV, which are camo stock, stainless barrel and receiver, wood stock, and laminate thumbhole stock, respectively...
As I said, most likely under $100.

If you enjoyed reading about "How Much Is This Worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!