How much does your gun club cost?

PDA

Tim the student
September 3, 2009, 08:01 AM
I've seen a couple threads lately here where people have links to their club, or are asking questions about how much you would pay for a club, so that got me curious.

I have never been a member of a gun club, I just always shoot at free public ranges near me. I'm sure that at some point in time, I won't have that available to me, so I will probably join a club. But the though of paying 300 bucks a year to go shoot is a bit much for me to take.

Is this average? How much does your club cost? What would you consider to be an average price?, with average facilities? If you have free public ranges near, what makes you pay?

If you enjoyed reading about "How much does your gun club cost?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
INSULATION TIM
September 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
Middletown Sportsmen's Club. $ 80 per year. Very reasonable I think and great people at the rifle and handgun range.

They also have a large number of trap and skeet lanes, Cowboy Shoots, a fishing lake (upcharge).

DammitBoy
September 3, 2009, 08:14 AM
$75.00 per year

qajaq59
September 3, 2009, 08:15 AM
$150 a year and worth every dime.

Bailey Boat
September 3, 2009, 08:18 AM
600.00 initiation, 125.00 per year and I consider it a bargain.......

bigfatdave
September 3, 2009, 08:28 AM
From my conservation club's website:
Membership Fee is $75.00 annually ($50.00 for Sr. citizens) with a one-time
initiation fee of $20.00

50 yard indoor range, 100 yard outdoor, 24-hour access to the indoor and daylight access to the outdoor.
Worth it, we like it enough to pay for two memberships even though we could get away with one between us.

Tim the student
September 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
600.00 initiation, 125.00 per year and I consider it a bargain.......

What makes that a bargain? What do you get for that?

22-rimfire
September 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
Just recently joined a club and the total price was I believe $240 for the first year which includes keys, initiation, and so forth. I believe it is around $100 a year.

You asked what you get for the money in general? You get more choices for rifle and pistol ranges, more restrictions, better clientele overall, and generally more range supervision. Most of the free ranges don't have more than a 100 yd range not that that is a huge problem as I rarely shoot over 100 yds. But the longer ranges are available if you wish to shoot. The free ranges are about an hour drive away for me and the club is less than 15 minutes. Ultimately, I'll save money. Last year's gas prices reaching $4.00 or so has dramatically affected the way I live my life and the kinds of choices I make now. I fully expect gas prices to be back into the $3.50-$4.00 range in the coming year. For California folks, tht probably means $6.00 gas.

Sav .250
September 3, 2009, 08:56 AM
The local range around here is way to expensive for me so I go to the "public Day" which is free. Only problem is ......it`s only one day a month.
Works out ok though as I can get done what`s needed to get done.

RugerBob
September 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
$100 a year. They have 2 ranges. One of them even has a nice archery course. All roofed and some even enclosed and heated, if wood is there or bring your own. And they plow the range out to 100 yards. Not bad for our cold Maine winters.

svtruth
September 3, 2009, 09:48 AM
for membership in the local sportsman's club. Club house, 200 yd range, stocked trout pond, 250 acres.

jim in Anchorage
September 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
[[QUOTE]600.00 initiation, 125.00 per year and I consider it a bargain....... /QUOTE]Do they paddle your butt during initiation, or make you sing the school fight song?
$125 a year for me. And that lets me in on Mon-Tuesday when the range is closed to the public. NRA membership required.

waterhouse
September 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
Ours is $100 for a full membership plus $10 for an associate membership, so my wife and I can shoot for $110 a year.

A couple of pistol ranges, and rifle ranges out to 200 yards (350 yards is available on a limited basis.) Worth every penny.

Tully M. Pick
September 3, 2009, 09:58 AM
One is $35 a year, another $25 a year, and I mostly shoot out at Shiocton, a public range with drop boxes for donations. I drop $5 in every time I go shooting, because it's one of the nicest ranges I've shot on.

Man, it's good to live in Northeast Wisconsin.

Starter52
September 3, 2009, 10:00 AM
Twenty bucks a year. Two outdoor ranges, one archery range, clubhouse.

Just One Shot
September 3, 2009, 10:14 AM
$65.00 the first year then $50.00 each following year provided you pay your dues on time.

It has 2-50 yard pistol ranges, a 200 yard and a 300 yard rifle range, and a 3 house trap range.

They have a business meeting on the last Wed. of every month that usually includes a free meal.

While it's not the biggest in the country, it is very nice. Here's some pictures:

http://www.limasabres.com/photos.html

el gato
September 3, 2009, 10:17 AM
600.00 first year 300.00 a year there after. Keeps some of the rift raft out.

eatont9999
September 3, 2009, 10:21 AM
I pay $100 a year for the Haverhill Houd Rod and Gun Club. There is an outdoor rifle, shotgun, pistol range and an indoor pistol range. The indoor is lead ammo only. It is well worth it because I can go almost any time and they have other events and things there besides shooting.

KarenTOC
September 3, 2009, 10:23 AM
$200/yr indoor range at a gunshop in PA, where I've recently spent a lot of time for work.
Benefits are: unlimited shooting time in 1-hour increments (unless there's no one waiting for a lane to free up), can use your own ammo, free rentals (must buy their ammo for rentals), and I can bring 1 guest per day for free. Possibly other benefits I've never used and therefore don't recall.

$235/yr for a similarly equipped indoor range at a gun shop in VA, where I'll soon be spending all my time.
Benefits are: unlimited shooting, probably in 1-hour increments, can use your own ammo, 10% discount on anything that's not already on sale, and some free guest provision. I haven't joined yet, and don't remember everything mentioned on the application they gave me.

There are "gun clubs" around me, though none close enough for a range quickie (90 minute commute for a 1-hour shoot? not gonna happen). I don't know anyone who belongs, and web research leads me to believe they all cater to experienced hunters, anyway.

cat9x
September 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
1 case of beer and cigarettes paid annually.

For that I got Clayton to bulldoze a burm and shooting lane on the back 40. Keeps out the low-end clientele, open 24 hours, and I can wear just my underwear.

garyr
September 3, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm a member of one club and one public range. The public range offers a few benefits over non-membership.

The public range is $175 for new membership and $130 for a renewal. This is a 25yd indoor range where you can shoot pistols and shotguns mostly but I have fired some sub guns like the UMP and MP5 as well. You get priority access to lanes (it's usually packed on the weekends and a 2 hour wait isn't unheard of) and discounted ammo/gun rentals.

I'm also a member of a local fish and game club and that is $120/yr and requires an NRA membership.

dodge
September 3, 2009, 10:55 AM
$15 a year and that is after the rates raise. The rifle range is out to 230 yards but we are working on getting it opened to 300 yards also doing some work on adding more benches to the range. There is a pistol range, trap and skeet although the trap and skeet range is down for now as the pigeon throwers are down for rebuild. There is a pavilon that can be rented for partys and such which as a member you get a discount on the price. Across the road we also have a 3 D archery course for those so inclined. THe best art it's only 5 - 10 minutes from my house on the other side of town.

ACORN
September 3, 2009, 11:02 AM
First year $85 ($50 initiation fee + $35 dues) $35/year after that. After you belong for 20 years it costs $2.00/year.
Trap, skeet, indoor/outdoor pistol, rifle range to 200yds, 300yds. on special shoots, archery range is a bit lacking though.

jmorris
September 3, 2009, 11:11 AM
Our club is $36 a year and $5 per match you get a free shirt or hat or $6 non members. Only our members can shoot our 3gun matches they are $8.

Landpimp
September 3, 2009, 12:11 PM
think mine(which is just 3 mins from me) is $45 for the family

but my real range is free.......40 acres 20 min out of town I can do whatever I want on........MUCH more fun that any gun club :D

jsg
September 3, 2009, 12:35 PM
$200 per year / $125 initiation fee
Covers wife and any kids under 18
Skeet, Sporting Clays, 300 meter rifle, 100 meter pistol, practical pistol, archery, air gun, on 1800 acres.

CoRoMo
September 3, 2009, 01:34 PM
We've got a HUGE variance in the prices on this thread. $25-$35/year up to $600+$300/year.

Makes me wonder what kind of facilities some of these ranges have.

Country_boy_88
September 3, 2009, 02:03 PM
its 150 for the whole family. 25 for the first year added on for keys and such.

Can bring up to 10 guest during the week and up to 4 on the weekend. A total of 9 ranges with more planned in the future.

There are 13 regular schedules matches each month as well. Shooting is daylight times only.

great facility and great people

Mikee Loxxer
September 3, 2009, 02:09 PM
$140 for the first year then $95 per year if I recall correctly.

General Geoff
September 3, 2009, 02:10 PM
$50 for the first year, $25/year renewal, $300 for a life membership after the first year.

zxcvbob
September 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
$50 a year (they just went up from $40.) Plus an extra $10 the first year or if you let your membership laps more an a couple of months.

Artiz
September 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
Mine is $165/1st year, 150 next years. It's an indoor range.

lordgroom
September 3, 2009, 02:16 PM
$150 per year and a $50 membership fee for the first year. This is a great club. I receive the gate code and can use the 25, 50, or 100 yd ranges, there is also a manual trap thrower, and automatic trap thrower (operated on Monday nights), an archery range, and a club house. It is a 40 minute commute but it is as much a social experience as a shooting experience. Everyone is friendly and 6 people at one time is "crowded" though the capacity is much higher. It is not uncommon for me to be there alone or with my friends. No guest passes.

Another local range I am thinking of joining has limited hours but is $65 per year. Up to 4 guests at $6 per guest per visit and it has a 200 yard range. It is on the local military base and is well run.

chevyforlife21
September 3, 2009, 02:20 PM
50 a year and 100 dollar initiation fee.

jakemccoy
September 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking about joining a club at my favorite rifle range. I'd pay $300 per year if they guarantee there won't be any gangster wannabes or hysterically laughing girlfriends.

swinokur
September 3, 2009, 02:41 PM
I go to the NRA Range in the basement of NRA HQ's in Fairfax VA. $10.00 to join. You have to take a written test before you can use the range. After that, NRA members pay $14.00 an hour, non members $18.00 an hour. You can bring your own ammo and targets, or buy the stuff there. 15 lanes with an automated target system. First Class.

I also beliong to n Izaac Walton league Chapter with both pistol and rifle ranges. It's about $125.00 a year IIRC. Nice folks at both places.

cougar1717
September 3, 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not a member of a club since there are three public ranges within a reasonable distance that are either totally free or charge a nominal fee. There is also a great shooting facility that charges $200 initiation and $185 per year. I have visited it, but I'm just not sold on joining. You do get what you pay for, but it's a balancing act. Waiting in line for a spot usually isn't an issue at either place. At the public ranges, there's the possibility of free brass, unsafe shooting practices, a crowded range or being totally alone, and goofballs or know-it-all's. My problem is that at the private range, my experience has been that there is no pick-up brass to speak of, there are cameras watching your every move, you can only shoot paper, there are no goofballs, but there are a lot more know-it-all's. Also, since everyone except guests is paying to shoot there, many have a sense of entitlement that their shooting experience comes first and to not think about others. To me the public range is less controlled, but the people there generally are working together and doing something they enjoy, rather than preparing for some sort of competition.

waterhouse
September 3, 2009, 03:15 PM
We've got a HUGE variance in the prices on this thread. $25-$35/year up to $600+$300/year.

It may be simply the difference in the cost of real estate throughout the country as well as the difference in prices for areas in proximity to cities.

I could get a yearly membership at the indoor range 3 minutes from my house that would cost a lot more than the outdoor club 25 minutes away. The outdoor club has a lot more range options and distances, but the indoor range is on nice business real estate on a busy thoroughfare, so it costs more to shoot there.

Tully M. Pick
September 3, 2009, 03:16 PM

Berlin Conservation Club (http://www.berlincc.org/Home_Page.php) - $5

Twin City Rod & Gun Club (http://www.twincityrodandgun.com/) - $35

Shiocton Range (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=shiocton,+wi&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=XQagSuW1GJ_mnQeF8bzlDQ&ll=44.444252,-88.560029&spn=0.005806,0.010278&t=h&z=17) - Drop box, $3

You can see the rimfire range on top, the 200 yard range in the middle, and the long range (600 yards maybe?) on the bottom. They've put in a pistol range on the side, and have a nice berm up between the rifle ranges now, too.

The only problem I've ever had was at Shiocton, when some kid firing a milsurp on the long range popped off a shot while people were downrange on the 200 yard range. That was before they put the berm in, though. Now there isn't any of that going on. We usually police up any trash we find around, which is very rare. Most people out there clean up after themselves.

I was wrong on the membership fee for the Berlin Conservation Club, too.

scurtis_34471
September 3, 2009, 03:40 PM
Our club just went up to $125/year for the primary member, but I bought a 7-year membership for $500 when they had a fundraiser last year. Additional family members are $20/each per year. The range is a very nice outdoor 50 yard pistol range with 14 covered 2-lane bays and target positions at 7, 10, 15, 25 and 50 yards. There is a fan mounted in each bay, florescent lighting, webbing that extends forward of the bench to catch brass, a red/green safety light above every other bay, a PA system, nice bathrooms and a covered picnic table with vending machines. All in all, it is one of the nicest outdoor ranges I've ever seen.

jcramin
September 3, 2009, 03:46 PM
$400 initiation fee $240 a year all out door shooting

185 acres of planned land which offers 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle firing points, five skeet and trap fields, two archery ranges, a practical pistol range, 5-stand sporting clays, 2 sporting clays courses, and a 200-600 high power rifle range.t

Practical Pistol
Cowboy Action
I.D.P.A.
Sporting Clays
Skeet Shooting
Trap Shooting
Bullseye
High Power Rifle Benchrest
Smallbore Silhouette
Muzzle Loading

Eschaton
September 3, 2009, 03:53 PM

I want someone with a Scottsdale Gun Club titanium membership to show up :p

$10,000 Membership Fee
$200 a month.

http://scottsdalegunclub.com/memberships/titanium.php

tunnug
September 3, 2009, 04:18 PM
Tucson Rifle Club, $40yr single/$50yr couple
half a dozen ranges from 100yrd to 1000yrds, one public the rest for members only.
Self regulated so no range nazis.

DR505
September 3, 2009, 05:05 PM
$100.00 start up fee, $150.00 per year.

The General Rifle range (2 positions at 25-yards, 45 positions at 100-yards, 5 positions at 200-yards and 5 positions at 300-yards).

The General Shotgun range has 2 positions single throwers, Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet field, and 5 Stands course.

The General Pistol range (Known Distance range for 10, 25 and 50 yards and the close in Handgun range, and Action Pistol Bay range for scenario shooting) are also open.

1,000 Yard range is currently open to club members who have demonstrated the ability to shoot this extreme distance safely by providing documentation from acceptable qualifying source, (i.e. Palma, CMP, NRA, etc), attending the DNGC sponsored long distance shooting course or by qualifying in a club sponsored shoot.

These ranges are open 7 days a week, sunup to sundown, except from dusk on Tuesday till noon on Wednesday when the entire Shooting Facility is closed for scheduled maintenance. Unscheduled maintenance may necessitate closing any or all ranges on the shooting facility at other times for safety reasons.

Tinpig
September 3, 2009, 05:29 PM
Not a gun club...just a private range with a 100 member limit. 100, 200, 300 yd. rifle, separate pistol range. Cost: $50/year for which you get your own key and unlimited access. CMP and vintage rifle matches. NRA and Mass. GOAL membership required.

It's way out in the woods, no facilities at all. Clean up after yourself, pee in the bushes, no supervision needed or wanted. Everyone gets together once or twice a year for brush, berm, and target stand maintenance. I love it.

Tinpig

rugerman07
September 3, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm a proud member of the Goshen Trail Longrifle gun club. A very nice outdoor range that features 25, 50, & 100 yard ranges. Cost is $30.00 per year and worth every penny of it.

Z-Michigan
September 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
$60 per year and IIRC a $10 initiation fee. I think it's a fairly nice club; it has:
2 separate 25 yard ranges
50 and 100 yard ranges
200 yard range set up for CMP/high power competition
all firing positions covered
rudimentary trap setup - single station, only used Wednesday nights

All of this is well maintained. It is best for rifle shooting, good for handgun, mediocre for shotgun. It regularly hosts CMP, IDPA, 4H, and formal handgun training courses.

The cost and quality are due to generous donations by some members and being an old club from when land was cheap.

shotgunjoel
September 3, 2009, 06:00 PM
$100 a year. For that you get a dollar off of every round of 5-stand and skeet, access to the property any time you want, 25yard handgun, rimfire range, small lake that's well stocked, plus you can rent the clubhouse for events.

11c1p
September 3, 2009, 06:13 PM
$50... 20yd indoor pistol and archery...125yd covered outdoor range..60yd outdoor archery range...

TEDDY
September 3, 2009, 06:34 PM
mine is 35 a yr spouse 1/2 50 ft indoor with reloading room with one time extra fee $20?I dont pay as I amd senior 20 ys and over 62.:rolleyes::uhoh:
in Mass

Xader
September 3, 2009, 06:51 PM
My local club is $25 per year, but requires an active NRA membership, so effectively, it is $60+ annually.

The problem is, it takes the better part of a year to get a key from them for their private range

COK
September 3, 2009, 07:02 PM
$165, outdoor rife , pistol , bow & arrow ranges , indoor pistol , rifle ranges, clubhouse with bar and restaurant( limited hours) . plus use of parkland for cookouts.

wrs840
September 3, 2009, 07:26 PM
$85 per year at the FOP outdoor range (one very wide rifle range, five pistol pits, one lodge/meeting hall with a kitchen), and once per month I can go to the meeting and eat home-cooked southern-style bubba-food. It's about 2 miles from my work, and my brother and I went there today from about 11:15 to 12:45 and had the place all to ourselves.

My homeplace is 110 acres in the sticks, and while it wasn't free, it sure is handy for shooting too.

Life is good.

Les

dirtyjim
September 3, 2009, 07:57 PM
mine is more of a private range than a gun club. its a $140 a year with a $60 initiation fee the first year.
it has two locations, the one near me has a 3/7/15 yard covered range with wooden benches thats mainly used for pistols, a 25/50 yard covered range with wooden benches,
a 100 yard range with covered concrete benches, a 200/300 range with movable wooden benches and cantilevered target frames behind target pit berm,a 600/900/1000 yard rand they are working on covering the 1000 yard line, same cantilevered type target frames behind target pit berm.
restrooms & a covered area for bar-b-q-ing.
all 15 minutes from my house
the other range is across town is is only for pistols

jrkirby
September 3, 2009, 08:02 PM
The range I go to the most is run by MD DNR, its $20 a year, 100yd rifle/pistol range with a shotgun field and a couple archery stands.

Sauer Grapes
September 3, 2009, 08:03 PM
200.00 the first yr. for family, 150.00 after that.

Meesh
September 3, 2009, 08:28 PM
The gun safety and handling course I recently took included a one-month membership, 10% discount on a gun purchase (although I won't have convinced hubby to let one in the house that soon), use of eyes and ears, free box of ammo. I am pretty sure I'm going to get the Gold Membership when my free month is out, if I get it before the end of the month there's a $10 or $15 discount. Gun rentals are $10 an hour and you can swap out for different guns as much as you want, and they're loose about timing stuff. The range is less than five miles from my house.

Premium - $245 Annual; Unlimited access to the range in one hour increments. Add up to 3 family members $50 Each; 6 Guest Passes and 10% Off Non-Sale Items
Gold - $215 Annual
Unlimited access to the range in one hour increments; Add up to 3 family members $75 Each and 2 Guest Passes.
Monthly - $10 Member Fee / $10 Lane Fee
no member discounts on purchases

content
September 3, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hello friends and neighbors // I must know you cat9x that's where I shoot.

SteveCase
September 3, 2009, 10:33 PM
Springfield Sportsmens club monson mass. 150 altogeather for gun club ranges 3 pistol, rifle 100, and rifle 300 and an upland game preserve. by the way its sweet

bigalexe
September 4, 2009, 12:03 AM
Varies around here, I think its something like $100 annually where my friend is a member +$10 for a gate key (New policy to replace non-member range fee, due to members letting too many friends in). If you are a member the 100 yd. Rifle/Pistol range is open during daylight except when there is trap or skeet going on.

toivo
September 4, 2009, 12:41 AM
$100 application fee and $100 a year dues, plus required NRA membership, which you can purchase through the club or on your own. There is also a 20-hour-per-year work requirement, with a penalty of $10 per hour for any shortage in your work hours.

We have a 25-yard pistol range, 100-yard rifle range, 50-yard archery field, and three trap fields. The club property borders a river for fishing

GRIZ22
September 4, 2009, 06:53 AM
$200 a year after initiation fee. You can get $50 off by attending 4 meetings a year and actually work off the rest by work credits (helping maintain the range) and/or sponsoring new members. We have 16 ranges including 200 and 300 yard rifle ranges open 8.00 am (9.00 am on Sundays) to dusk. Indoor pistol range open 24/7. Only club members are allowed to hunt on the few hundred acres the club owns. Really a bargain as this is NJ and it's difficult to find anywhere to shoot.

kamagong
September 4, 2009, 12:21 PM
$20 a year. I can add on the wife for another $1. What do I get for my $20? I get 50% off range fees. Plus I also get to use the members' only rifle range, skeet and trap range, and get to participate in action pistol. Non-members are only allowed to use the pistol range and 50-yard rifle range.

Piney Woods
September 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
Country Pond Fish & Game Club, Newton NH.

Annual Fees

INITIATION FEE = $50 (first year only)
INDIVIDUAL = $125.00
(includes spouse and minor children, but may only use the facilities when accompanied by the primary member, and only the primary may vote at meetings)
FAMILY = $187.50
(same as individual + full rights and privileges for spouse)

Ranges

100/50/15 yd outdoor open 0900 to dusk
50 ft indoor (pistols and 22 rimfire rifles only) open 24/7
indoor archery open 24/7
outdoor archery
trap

Members may purchase firearms through the club's FFL. (That alone is probably worth the membership fee.)

johnmcl
September 4, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hi all,

My club is $1250 initiation fee and then $350 per year. That's hugely expensive, but the access to what's arguably one of the finest private shooting clubs on the east coast is worth it.

Eight trap/skeet fields, three pistol ranges, three rifle ranges, a separate IDPA style range, a fish pond, really nice club house and a FFL pro shop.

I thought long and hard on the investment. There's no better answer in northern VA. The only other club in the area has a single 100 yard rifle/pistol range. Outside of that one's at the disposal of a couple of private indoor ranges. I positively love how close this club is to the house.

In short, I invested because of the mix of ranges, easy access, and the membership (they're good guys).

RP88
September 4, 2009, 01:47 PM
100-120 bucks a year. It's a 30-yd indoor pistol/rifle range

there is a really nice outdoor range near me that is about 300 bucka year with up to 300-yard booths. I need to go there some time and see if I would like it there more.

bonza
September 4, 2009, 07:53 PM
My club is an outdoor only range, just off I-5 & facing the picturesque Cascade mountain range. We have a covered firing line with about 20 benches that encompasses the 25, 50, & 100yd ranges. There is also a 7yd pistol section with room for a couple of shooters at a time. In addition there is a seperate shotgun area with an automatic clay thrower.....no skeet, trap, or sporting clays layouts, just a basic clay shooting area, this is also covered. The only downsides are that it is only open on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday from noon to 5pm during daylight saving months, & a 4pm closing the rest of the year, & that, due to it being seven feet below sea level it tends to flood in the winter which may result in a multi-week closure. Membership is $35/year plus a $15 initiation for the first year, but that includes spouse & all children 18 years & under. Public shooters are also welcome $15/day during DST & $10 during non-DST, kids with parental supervision shoot for free, & Friday is 'Ladies Day'.

Jaybird78
September 5, 2009, 12:59 PM
$175 for 2009, membership is up this October for 2010. It seems to go up every year. I can remember when I joined 10 years or so and it was only $75.

It is still worth every penny in my opinion. It's only 15 minutes away.

Indoor 25yrd, Outdoor 25yrd pistol, 300/600yrd rifle, 200yrd rifle, 185yrd benchrest, 75yrd smallbore, 3 25yrd walled pistol/shotgun, and they just installed a cowboy multi-range.

9MMare
September 5, 2009, 01:20 PM
My club is an outdoor only range, just off I-5 & facing the picturesque Cascade mountain range. We have a covered firing line with about 20 benches that encompasses the 25, 50, & 100yd ranges. There is also a 7yd pistol section with room for a couple of shooters at a time. In addition there is a seperate shotgun area with an automatic clay thrower.....no skeet, trap, or sporting clays layouts, just a basic clay shooting area, this is also covered. The only downsides are that it is only open on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday from noon to 5pm during daylight saving months, & a 4pm closing the rest of the year, & that, due to it being seven feet below sea level it tends to flood in the winter which may result in a multi-week closure. Membership is $35/year plus a $15 initiation for the first year, but that includes spouse & all children 18 years & under. Public shooters are also welcome $15/day during DST & $10 during non-DST, kids with parental supervision shoot for free, & Friday is 'Ladies Day'.

Can I ask the name of this range and the town?

RKRCPA
September 5, 2009, 01:21 PM
I belong to three:

$110 per year gets me 3 trap fields, 100yd rifle/pistol, 50foot indoor pistol and an archery course.

$35 per year gets me a trap field, 50 yard pistol and 150 yard rifle

$20 per year gets me 2 trap fields, 50 yard pistol, 100 yard rifle, archery and a club house w/ liquor license.

9MMare
September 5, 2009, 01:24 PM
I guess it's a private range, open to the public. It's $125/single, $150/family per yr.

But that just means its free to use for a yr. I dont think there are any special privileges for joining, at least that I've noticed. I think only members can shoot certain types of high-powered rifles.

But it's worth the $125 if you're going to go regularly, as it's $10/visit otherwise.

It has 12 indoor gun bays (for handguns or rifles), down to 50 yards (maybe more) and a different shooting room without bays for the cops and special programs.

Detritus
September 5, 2009, 01:44 PM
local range, Greenwood Gun Club, Is $75 a year, first time members pay a one time initiation fee of around $50-60. extensive rifle area, a pistol range with 50ft, 25, 50 and 100 yard pits, a dedicated Cowboy Action range (with building facades), seperately located Shotgun range with skeet, 5-stand, trap and (whatever the Olympic legal trap variant is designated. International?) best club i've ever been a member of.

the guys from the Mid-atlantic states talking about $600-1K+ initation and multiple hundreds per year.. yeah i remember that. and i'm betting the folks paying that much were also on a waiting list for the opportunity to pay that much.

only outdoor range i ever came accross in central NC that wasn't near highway robbery IMO, was "The range" up near Oxford. it was/is maybe the size of the pistol area at greenwood, only has a 300yrd rifle area (greenwood has a 14 lane pit served 600yrd section for Hight power) and the yearly dues are nearly the same.

wyohome
September 5, 2009, 03:36 PM
In used to belong to the Emerald Empire Gun Club near Marcola, OR. It was about $50 per year + a $100 work bond that you got back for participating in work parties or working in the trap house. That was back in the 1990's however.

bluetopper
September 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
Outdoor rifle and pistol range with numerous bays for each. $50 a year and unsupervised. Not busy at all.
With the membership they give you the combination to the gate and you can go and come as you please. Seven miles from the house. I love it.

Bruno2
September 6, 2009, 12:09 AM
I belong to two . Tulsa gun club $125.00 for the first year and then $80.00 per year after that . TGC is a decent club . The rifle pistol range is only 50yds , but , the club is mainly a shotgun club . There are 6 skeet fields and two trap fields . We now have a cowboy town (which really po'd a lot us b/c we wanted a big walk through sporting clays course instead ) . The other club I belong to is Red Castle Gun club and I would put this club up against any in the nation First year $300.00 and after that its back to $85.00 per yr . The trap and skeet is pretty week ( 1 Field of each ) , but , has a very nice sporting clays course . There is a plinking range for the kids that has little ducks and ram silohettes . There is a 50yd pistol only range , There is a 100 yd rifle range for the bench rest guys . We also have a rifle range that goes up to 800 yds . We have a close range anything goes range where you can bring your old computer , pics of your ex or whatever else you would like to destroy . There is also a pretty nice cowboy town . Last but not least once a month they open up 1000yd range for all of the 50 BMG guys to have at it . There are a few fishing ponds and it is on really big ranch . The family can bring out the 4 wheelers and have a ride .

ccsniper
September 6, 2009, 12:27 AM
$80 a year. although, I have a personal range now so I am not renewing it. theirs is nice (goes out to 300 yards) but my new one is nicer (goes out to 1000 yards).

jfrey
September 6, 2009, 12:37 AM
My best friend owns a ranch near town, so since I help him work cattle, I hunt and shoot for free. We have a pistol, rifle (100 yd.) and long rifle (600 yd.) range on the ranch so it isn't hard to find a target to shoot at.

bonza
September 6, 2009, 08:22 PM
9MMare asked: Can I ask the name of this range and the town?

Sure, it's the Everett Sportsman's Club located on Ebey Island, just off the Hwy 2 Trestle. PM me for directions if you wish.

Shadow 7D
September 7, 2009, 07:35 AM
Thinking about joining the local range, its about 250 a year, but they have at 20 lanes / ranges, with a full (Olympic) shotgun range, except I don't really shoot sporting clays or any of those games. You can pay day usage of $10, but its only open thurs through sun for the public.

madmattmd
September 7, 2009, 09:29 AM
My club membership fee is $85 annually ($100 application fee to be paid by new members upon acceptance). 12 work hours are required (fee per missed hours).

We have a two-story clubhouse with full kitchen, a picnic pavilion with full kitchen and separate bathrooms with showers, a catch and release fishpond that also is great for swimming, camping, a “short” rifle range of 50 yards and a “long” 600 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol (all outdoor), traphouse, and 14 stations for sporting clays. No on-site Range Officers. It’s a great deal in our area as there aren’t that many opportunities in Maryland for shooters.

We also have a local County public range that charges $50/year in County or $85/year out-of-County (daily fees are $10 and $15 respectively; lifetime membership is $300 and $600 respectively). It’s open Wednesday through Sunday for the public, closed Mondays, and LE day on Tuesdays. The public range has separate covered rifle and pistol ranges. Of course, they have on-site Range Officers and are pretty tight on rules (which is good, as the only problem they have had is a local Deputy with an accidental discharge). It’s a very nice facility and provides an opportunity to shoot safely (and legally) that doesn’t exist in many areas of our “progressive” State (or, is that regressive?).

Private gun range membership opportunities have become more available since the 1980’s when I was first looking for a good place to shoot. That, of course, is due to the unfortunate loss of many of our WWII and Korean War vets. There was a time when the waiting list was years.

Since we took our rifle range out to 600 yards (from 300), my club has experienced a big surge in interest in membership. We have a 150 limit on memberships. The issue for us is weeding out the folks that aren’t going to be assets to the club. Because of the history of our club and the facilities, it’s more of a community than simply a “gun club.” I don’t have a problem with folks joining a range because all they want is a place to shoot, but, I send them to the public range or the much larger private range that is owned by a group of clubs. It’s a lot of work to maintain (and improve) a club with more than just a range.

Matt G

FROGO207
September 7, 2009, 11:19 AM
Blue hill rifle and pistol, $40 year. 24/7 range indoors, outdoors daylight only. There are lots of places to shoot around here off Island but it is fun to get a bunch of others in one spot and spit some lead.

jnyork
September 7, 2009, 11:35 AM
Lander Valley Sportsmens Association in Lander, Wyoming has two excellent ranges, indoor and outdoor, with facilities for High Power out to 1000 yards, all disciplines of silhouette, bench rest, pistol range etc outdoors, and 8 lanes of .22 rimfire and airgun indoors. $50.00 per year for NRA members, $25.00 per year if you help out. http://www.lvsa.info/

chuckusaret
September 7, 2009, 11:55 AM
Gee, not many replies from the southern states....i.e. Florida. The cost of using the gun ranges in Palm Beach County Florida is outrageous. My last trip cost me exactly $100 for an hour and 100 rounds of very cheap grade of what appeared to be reloaded .40 cal ammo.

jnyork
September 7, 2009, 02:12 PM
Wow, Chuck, that aint so hot! :eek: We have homes for sale here in Lander. :D

Walkalong
September 7, 2009, 02:15 PM
$120 a year. First time fee of $100, but that was years ago. :)

endebt
September 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
My gun club is the ranch. I can shoot out the backdoor or the front door. I have a 1000yd range set up and steps back to 100yds. I can shoot out of the barn when it is not nice outside. My hand gun range is out the back door of the barn. It is set at 7yds to 50yds. I can not falthem having to pay to shoot. I guess it is good to be born a texan and loving it. Ya'all should come down to Gods county.

PT1911
September 7, 2009, 03:16 PM
100 a year for a 100 yd rifle range, 200 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range (plates and targets.) several Shooting events a year ranging from IDPA pistol matches to 50 yard benchrest rimfire matches. also use some of the rifle stations for shooting clays.

overall I am pretty satisfied with it....

DammitBoy
September 7, 2009, 07:13 PM
This thread has made me very thankful for what is available to me at a very reasonable fee.

737Driver
September 7, 2009, 09:21 PM
$100/year, + 15 work hours. Get unlimited use, 100 yd rimfire, 200 yd covered position, 50 yd covered position, 2 pistol bays, 1 open 75 yd, 3 trap ranges for $4/round, archery scattered around perimeter.

The Lone Haranguer
September 7, 2009, 09:37 PM
I used to shoot extensively here. (http://scottsdalegunclub.com) At the time it was $50 to join and $29.95 a month for unlimited use.

chuckusaret
September 8, 2009, 12:20 AM
Wow, Chuck, that aint so hot! We have homes for sale here in Lander.
I have been thinking about moving, in fact I just asked my wife where she would like go. Typical woman, her reply, Dockside Cafe. I like the area around the little town of Marana Az and plan on making a trip there in October to see one of my daughters there.

VanBurne01
September 8, 2009, 12:02 PM
Regular (Individual)
Annual Dues (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31) $125.00
Application Fee $75.00

Club house, trap range, 2 pistol ranges, rifle range.

sfc_mark
September 23, 2009, 06:06 PM
$100/year family membership.

2 Skeet/Trap Ranges, 25-800m Rifle/Pistol Range, Sporting Clays, Archery.

With membership my family and guests get 50% off range fees.

I also get tax-free purchases/transfers from the FFL (club is on a military installation).

j-easy
September 23, 2009, 06:12 PM
It was almost $300 the first year and its like 120 per year after that, for a private range with plinking, 50, 100, and 300m ranges and a shotgun range with a nice thrower. all the firing lines are covered.

mountainpharm
September 23, 2009, 07:09 PM
$100/year in NW NC. Our website is www.acwlc.org

tribbles
September 23, 2009, 08:32 PM
Our municipal range is free to use. It has separate pistol and silhouette ranges, a general-purpose area, a shotgun area, and target stands out to 1000 yards. It looks like a trap area is being built now too. The local club acts as range stewards, and they do a pretty good job.

Makes me thankful to live out here.

bottom shelf
September 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
About $850 the first year, then $100 a year after that.

Includes 4 pistol bays, one with a plate rack
75 yard plinking range
bullseye pistol range
High power rifle range
Smallbore rifle range
2 skeet ranges

fase3
September 23, 2009, 10:07 PM
Retired and live on 350+ acres in a very rural area of south La. Have a large reloading area 100' from the house and a combo rifle/pisol range that runs out to 800 yds (1 1/8th mile behind the berm). The only cost is bushogging the grass. Rural life ain't all bad!

twofifty
September 24, 2009, 01:21 AM
$5000 to apply- fee is kept no matter the outcome. Keeps riff-raff away.
$50,000 initiation.
$5,000/year thereafter.
Lifetime is $75,000 if under 35; thereafter it's $50,000; $25,000 if over 60.

Expensive, but well worth it. Unlimited free ammo made to order by the two resident custodians who double as gunsmiths and landscapers. For all matches, local coeds are hired as target setters and gun bearers. The Chef was trained in Milan and Buenos Aires. Valet parking.

The only downside is the unsufferable people you meet there. ;)

My real range is five minutes away on a dirt road, $30 per year, a very basic facility open to all comers. When we meet a stranger who is not an idiot, we attempt to recruit them. Not at all busy: members usually have the place to themselves for hours on end. Members keep it clean and it tends to stay that way.

We have 5 concrete benches under roof, with target frames at 100, 200, 300yds. You can set your own steel further out as the backstop is a 200' high ridge. You can rapid fire, shoot on the move... Any caliber.

We are not set up for trap, skeet or sporting clays. This just isn't shotgun country - I wish it were otherwise.

The archery range goes to 100yds, with lots of targets, and half these stations are roofed over as well. We hold a couple 3D archery trail shoots each year, with the trails winding through elk and grizzly habitat on the mountain and along the creek. No kidding !

There's a concrete outhouse, two trash barrels, gravelled access, all fenced.

I like it.

Tim the student
September 24, 2009, 01:24 AM
This thread has made me very thankful for what is available to me at a very reasonable fee.

Indeed. My ranges are all free (other than the taxes that support them that is...)

Good to see that most people seem to enjoy their ranges of choice. I don't know how I'll react the first time I have to pay to go shoot though.

christcorp
September 24, 2009, 10:35 AM
Out here, $45 a year if you're an NRA member. $90 a year if you aren't. "EXCELLENT BLACKMAIL"!!!! It's cheaper to become an NRA member and be a member of the club, than the cost of the NRA membership. No semi-political organization is perfect, but the NRA definitely does some good. So, if we can inspire people to join the NRA by saving them $20 (Depending on the NRA special offer at the time); then we are happy. However, there are a couple of people who pay the $90 a year.

Fred40
September 24, 2009, 02:18 PM
$75 a year but if you put in eight hours of work each year it's only $50.

50ft indoor pistol & separate bow ranges.

50 yard outdoor pistol & 100 yard outdoor rifle.

Best part is it's about a mile from my house.

gym
September 24, 2009, 02:40 PM
Any recomendations around Vero Beach FL? We moved recently and don't have a clue what's up here other than a fella who told me of a new one indoor/outdoor up near Sebastion I believe.

akolleth
September 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
$110 annually at the Canton Mckinley Rifle and Pistol Club .

Has a 100 yard rifle, 200 yard rifle, 50 yard pistol/rifle, 25 yard pistol, indoor pistol, and a multi purpose range (adjuistable traget ranges from 0-50 yards). That plus a nice clubhouse means its a good deal for me--

http://www.cantonmckinleyriflepistol.org/

If you enjoyed reading about "How much does your gun club cost?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!