Concealed Carry Plan

PDA

9mm+
September 4, 2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, some of you may remember my earlier post regarding whether to get a CHP in North Carolina. I was whining about all the places you couldn't take a CCW, but I am beyond that now and will get my permit done next month. Instead of moaning about where I couldn't take my pistol, my plan is to carry where I can (permitted by law) and where I can't, I will take a pocket Taser. I would prefer a firearm, but carrying a Taser is a next-best solution where CCW's are not allowed. These little Tasers are easy to carry and are pretty effective against a one-attacker scenario.

I am sure that this is a "No duh!" observation for most of you... :) Sometimes it takes longer for my lightbulb to come on... :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Concealed Carry Plan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yo Mama
September 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry, but that taser may as well be a gun. You can't bring it where a gun is not allowed.

Best bet, get a nice and concealable knife, or mace.

9mm+
September 4, 2009, 12:17 PM
Ugh, I should've dug a bit deeper on Taser laws before I posted. They seem more convoluted than CCW laws. Oh well, I will still get my CHP anyway...

Moderator -- please close this thread. Thanks.

AJChenMPH
September 4, 2009, 01:03 PM
Look into getting a FL permit as well. FL issues to non-residents, provided you can demonstrate you've taken an approved gun safety course.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

The beauty is that a lot of other states honor the FL permit, although a handful don't honor it unless you're an actual FL resident...

If you enjoyed reading about "Concealed Carry Plan" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!