NEF sportster .22lr

PDA

Guvnor
September 4, 2009, 05:29 PM
Just wanted to give a brief report on this gun. Bought it the other day for $150 at local gun shop. Got it to serve as a lightweight, compact .22 to take camping and hiking. Wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be a great little gun.

It locks up tight, has a decent trigger, excellent sights, and comes with swivel studs. I was going to put a scope on it, but the irons work so well out to 25 yards I think ill keep 'em. Today I was shooting mini-mags and easily getting offhand 5-shot groups about the size of a half dollar at 20 yards, and im not a great shot either...:D Only con: bluing isnt too great, but its a budget gun after all.

Very happy with this gun. Anyone looking for a cheap single-shot .22 might want to check out one of these.

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF sportster .22lr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
September 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
Good choice Guvnor, I have a 17HMR Sportster and it will usually shoot 1" at 100yds with Hornady's 17gr BT. That's with a 3-9x scope of course.
Try different brands of ammo with yours, and keep practicing. IIRC, if you're 1" high at 50yds, it should zero at 75yds.
22's are a blast.

NCsmitty

Ratshooter
September 4, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have a 223 that I haven't shot yet. I did put johnsons paste wax on it to keep it from rusting. I also bought one of the nickle plated 20 guage shotguns with the shell holder built in. Its a neat gun. The butt was way too short so I sent off for a full size butt stock. Now its just right.

I have looked at the 22 sportsters. I may have to pick one up. I have always liked single shots. Simple, sturdy guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF sportster .22lr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!