Favorite .40 cal Loads?

PDA

Surculus Solitudo
September 6, 2009, 01:59 AM
I am going to try some reloads in my new Walther P99 in .40 cal. I actually found some small pistol primers today locally. I am real glad I did. I really like shooting this gun.

Does anyone have a favorite load they like to shoot in .40 cal? I will be loading 180gr moly coated flat points. Just wondering if you have a favorite that you like to load in .40 cal. What's your recipe? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite .40 cal Loads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RVenick
September 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
I load 165g FMJ FN for my M&P 40 I have been using 4.9g of W231. Good grouping and gun cycles good. Yesterday I loaded 20 rounds of Power Pistol at 6.6 and 7.0g hoping to get out to the range this afternoon and check it out.

mallc
September 6, 2009, 08:29 AM
Been working between 4.5 and 5.2 gr of Titegroup under 155 XTP. Bullets are lighter than I like but were on the shelf when I needed them.

I too use W231 for almost everything and switched to Titegroup becasue I has a jug. It seems to be very clean and peppy.

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "Favorite .40 cal Loads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!