Reactive steel targets

PDA

zooracer
September 6, 2009, 03:37 PM
I did a search, but didnt see exactly what I was looking for...

I am looking at something good for up to .308, so that rules out many of the ones on the market.

Not too picky about the shape of the target, but it must swing downwards per my ranges rules.

It also needs to be auto resetting (or if it just swings back and forth, that is okay too)

any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reactive steel targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
September 6, 2009, 04:42 PM
Just try "rifle steel target" in Google and you'll get plenty of hits.

jnyork
September 6, 2009, 04:50 PM
Just go to your local welding shop and have them make you one, they will know what kind of steel to use (very hard indeed) and will make it to your specs. Wont cost any more than trying to order one.

Officers'Wife
September 6, 2009, 06:49 PM
Dad always used common boiler plate welded to water pipe. Then at the 300 meter line put up two wood fence post with a quarter inch steel rod attached with 'U' clamps and a 5/8 pipe nipple connecting the two rods. He would run a pipe with the boiler plate on to the steel rod on both sides of the connector then paint targets on the boiler plate with a stencil. With .308 soft points he had little problems.

The 50 Barrett was another story. :(

Justin
September 6, 2009, 07:49 PM
Look at the targets from Las Vegas Steel. (http://www.lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm)

They're made from AR500 armor plate, and the ones that hang from chains sound like they would meet the requirements of your range.

Werewolf
September 7, 2009, 12:24 AM
Ballistic polymer is an option. Cheaper and never wear out (well - mine haven't yet).

Just Shootme Products (http://www.justshootmeproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=34)

If you enjoyed reading about "Reactive steel targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!