Holster Molds

PDA

TimM
September 6, 2009, 09:50 PM
Can somebody tell me where I can purchase handgun molds for making holsters?

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Molds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
September 6, 2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.blueguns.com/

Probably the cheapest option. Not available for every gun made, but a bunch.

Would get you started, anyway.

-Sam

JellyJar
September 7, 2009, 01:39 AM
Looking at that link for Blue Guns I don't think they will fill the bill. I read somewhere and even saw a picture online once ( can't remember where ) that holster makers that make molded holsters use special dummy guns made out of solid aluminum that are machined to the exact shape and dimensions of real guns.

I have never been able to find out who makes them.

Sam1911
September 7, 2009, 09:49 AM
Looking at that link for Blue Guns I don't think they will fill the bill. I read somewhere and even saw a picture online once ( can't remember where ) that holster makers that make molded holsters use special dummy guns made out of solid aluminum that are machined to the exact shape and dimensions of real guns.

Sorry, I have no idea where to get Aluminum ones. Are you thinking of hot-molding Kydex, then? I suppose that could damage the "Blue Guns." They'd be perfect for shaping leather, though -- they're pretty close to exact replicas of the real guns.

-Sam

Jim Watson
September 7, 2009, 10:05 AM
A Kydex bender of my acquaintance uses whatever is available, blue dummy guns, black dummy guns, aluminum dummy guns, real guns. By the time he gets his "gun" taped and rigged to form Kydex over, there is not much original surface exposed to the hot Kydex.

atomd
September 7, 2009, 10:29 AM
I've been getting into leatherworking a little bit and it seems like a ton of guys on the holster making forums use the rings blue guns with great results. You can buy them direct over the phone if you can't find the one you're looking for.

atomd
September 7, 2009, 10:32 AM
Oh, you can also get aluminum ones from a place called Duncans. Here is their # 989-894-6691. I don't have any experience with them personally.

TimM
September 7, 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys, this is helpful.

earlthegoat2
September 7, 2009, 12:39 PM
Virtually all of them use either Rings Blue Guns or the cast aluminum ones mentioned earlier. There is a picture on one of the holstermakers websites of their gun mold wall and they were all blueguns or the metal molded ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster Molds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!