Very nice M1 Garand animation.

PDA

gga357
September 7, 2009, 12:24 AM
I found this to be very educational.

http://www.garandflash.com/feeding.html

I suggest starting with "Step-by-Step Feeding" and click next through the sequence as you read and observe.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very nice M1 Garand animation." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
September 7, 2009, 12:33 AM
Neat little animation...someone did a great job...but missed a step...the thumb crushed by bolt. :D

gga357
September 7, 2009, 11:40 PM
Wasn't there a little blood there? :)

PandaBearBG
September 8, 2009, 12:21 AM
You seen the Mosin animation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZq8jmR3wM

RedLion
September 8, 2009, 12:28 PM
How does the blue clip ejector (don't know the technical name) get triggered to eject the empty clip? it looks like it just magically throws the clip out at the end of the 8 shots.

Maverick223
September 8, 2009, 01:37 PM
it looks like it just magically throws the clip out at the end of the 8 shots.Due to a governmental restriction they are not permitted to show the gnome that throws out the clip. Many people believe that he doesn't exist, but if you look straight down on the action when firing the last round you can see him for a brief moment. ;)

262runner
September 8, 2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry,

I posted the link above.

gga357
September 8, 2009, 09:13 PM
There is a clip ejector spring that pushed down as you insert the clip. In the animation it is blue and a flat spring so the cross section in the drawing is just a curved line.

Geneseo1911
September 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
good link for those of us who don't have one......yet. Thanks!

Ingsoc75
September 9, 2009, 06:46 AM
I've got a 3D CAD model of an MP-44 and want to do a similar animation. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how all the internal pieces move and function.

customizedcreationz
September 9, 2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks that was really cool. Both video's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Very nice M1 Garand animation." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!