7.62 x 54R

PDA

Bruno2
September 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
Eveytime I go to the range I see tons of these cases . Most of them are like a copper color . Are these cases worth reoading ? Is there a demand for them ? I was wondering b/c I pick up a lot of stuff that I dont load so I can trade them in the trading post for stuff I do ie. 223 ,.38spl . 9mm , 22-250, 25-06 .

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62 x 54R" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
September 7, 2009, 04:43 PM
It's a very good bet that the large majority of them are old mil-sup.
As such, they are Berdan primed and can't be reloaded using conventional Boxer primers or reloading tools.

Look inside and see how many flash holes they have.

Anything with more then one is scrap metal or trash.

rc

azar
September 7, 2009, 10:58 PM
Not to mention, the cases are most likely copper washed steel. Even if they are boxer primed (highly unlikely) they would be more or less unreloadable.

fireflyfather
September 8, 2009, 02:32 AM
On the other hand, some idiot may be leaving wolf gold/prvi/norma/lapua/hotshot/winchester cases there. That would be worth its weight in gold for reloaders.

ArchAngelCD
September 8, 2009, 03:48 AM
Touch a magnet to the case and you will quickly find out if they are Copper washed steel or brass cases.

MulticalinMO
September 8, 2009, 03:22 PM
Save ALL of the cases. We may need them one day. Not as easy, but all of the cases can be reloaded. Even the steel case Berdan primmed are getting 4 - 5 reloads out of. Put these away for a rainy day and pass them on to who may need them in the future. They don't eat much, just use an old juice bottle. The half-gallon size stores well and holds many cases.

Skip in MO
Home of the MIAC report

rcmodel
September 8, 2009, 03:29 PM
Reloaded with what?

Berdan primers of the correct size are almost non-existent in the USA.

rc

cougar1717
September 8, 2009, 06:01 PM
I've seen the cases that you're talking about. I think it's that Czech surplus ammo, or others that copper wash cases. Definitely berdan primed and sitting at the range, rusting away with the rest of the wolf litter. I suppose if a person was that hard up for cases, they could go to the trouble of trying to reload them. The only x54R boxer primed cases that I've found laying are S&B and prvi.

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62 x 54R" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!