How to spend BlackJack winnings?

PDA

shaggy430
September 8, 2009, 01:44 PM
I had a good night at the BlackJack table this weekend on a trip to Mississippi. If you had the money which of the 3 would you buy and why?

Garand
AR15

If you enjoyed reading about "How to spend BlackJack winnings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
youngda9
September 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
Get the one that YOU want, who cares what other people prefer.

CoRoMo
September 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
How much money are we talking?

I'd pass up a $1,000 AR15 for a $1,000 1911, but $2,000? AR15

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
September 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
Well if you won 2000.00 you could buy 50 jennings or ravens etc,take them to the next 100 dollar gun buy back and buy all three of the guns you want and still have money for ammo:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shaggy430
September 8, 2009, 02:01 PM
How much money are we talking?

$1,000

cchris
September 8, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'd probably get a quality Garand and some ammo, over a less expensive AR.

btg3
September 8, 2009, 02:32 PM
I had a good night at the BlackJack table this weekend on a trip to Mississippi. If you had the money which of the 3 would you buy and why?

Depends on whether I might go back to the Blackjack table and try to win another grand. :D

kmcintosh78
September 8, 2009, 03:22 PM
You could buy me a Mosin rifle for my Bday on the 16th..

I say stock up on ammo.

Badlander
September 8, 2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats on the great night!!
Of the three I would vote for the 1911. But that is most always my answer.

alemonkey
September 8, 2009, 08:01 PM
Garand. They aren't making them anymore, and when they're gone, they're gone.

Arkansas Paul
September 8, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'd go for the 1911. I know some of you guys are probably going to crucify me for this, but I'm not that into garands. Sorry. That's just one man's view. To each his own. Then again, I've never got to shoot one. I may think different if I had.

thebigc
September 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
get the garand it will be worth it its next on my list when they are all gone you will regret that you did not get one they make 1911's and ar's everyday not so with the garands.

RP88
September 8, 2009, 08:34 PM
Garand, since they are slowly getting harder to get.

I'd say that the next time you have a good night, you save up for a nice M1911

el gato
September 8, 2009, 08:40 PM
What I dont already have 2 of

4v50 Gary
September 8, 2009, 08:44 PM
What el gato says. There must be balance, even if it means a drum fed HK-91 in each hand.

chris in va
September 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
Save your money, or invest it wisely. Heck, buy some gold!

searcher451
September 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
You haven't listed the guns that I would buy with a decent haul, which means that my opinion of what you should get is pretty much worthless. If you won enough money, get all three of the ones on your list. If not, then get the one or two that you most want -- what else is there to do?

SteelyNirvana
September 8, 2009, 11:11 PM
Garand. Getting tougher to find and the prices will keep going up. AR-15 and 1911 can be bought any-day.

sebtool
September 9, 2009, 12:12 AM
Either a 1911 - a good 1! Or use it as a down payment on an M1A, my personal favorite- a little pricier than a Garand, but IMHO, worth it!

Vikingsoftpaw
September 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
A Garand, I have the other two....

kdstrick
September 9, 2009, 12:24 AM
1911... because they are so damn sexy.

paintballdude902
September 9, 2009, 12:27 AM
id spend a little more and get a service or rack grade garand, some ammo, and a cheap 1911

PandaBearBG
September 9, 2009, 12:37 AM
I say hold off til prices settle a little more, what else do you have? If you have a lot of rifles go with the 1911, if you have a lot of pistols Garand or AR. If you don't have an AR, GET THE AR. Or let it ride on black and get one of each!

CapnMac
September 9, 2009, 12:52 AM
Well, if you get an AR, you also need a case, pile of magazines, big bag to carry mags and ammo in. Something to bolt on the rail(s) on the ar, maybe a foregrip. Will not leave much budget for the AR.

For the garand, you need a bandolier or two with ammo in en bloc clips, sling to your preference, and a case to tote it to the range. Clever person would drop the bucks for both sight protectors and a decent chamber flag (op rod cover for in a safe, too).

With the 1911, you just need 4-5 mags, a rug, maybe a bushing wrench. Shop right, you might could get two. Or you could get a bare-bones basic 1911 and add what you have always wanted on one--custom engraving; unique finishes; beavertail and/or positive grip safety; fancier levers; stocks; etc. Oh, and maybe some spiffy genuine leather for the piece, to go with work-a-day carry. Even if only the 1920 mounted leather rig.

Oonzpoonz
September 9, 2009, 01:43 AM
A pistol can be pretty practical everyday if you don't already have a reliable carry, but if you're comfortable with your pistol collection so far, I would go for a rifle.
And if it was a rifle I would go with the AR. I think I would have too much fun adding and swapping things in and out of it. But if you're passionate about a Garand might I suggest looking a Springfield Socom II. IT IS more than your winnings but could be worth saving towards :D.

Visit some shops and put some in your hands. I'm sure after fondling around you might find one or another that makes you smile bigger than the other.

Boba Fett
September 9, 2009, 02:11 AM
How to spend BlackJack winnings?
More BlackJack!!!

Get the one that YOU want, who cares what other people prefer.

Gotta agree with this. Your question is a bit subjective. Like, do I have X firearms already and not Y. Do I have X firearms already but want more.

If I didn't have either of the three you listed, I'd get the AR-15, especially since prices have come down to near normal and availability has gone up. But I don't expect that to last, so get em while you can.

Now, me personally, I'd get my Savage 10FP cut down to 18", get a suppressor put on, and put some good optics on it.

But in the end, get what you want based on your research of each firearm, your handling of each firearm, and if possible, your shooting of each firearm.

ThrottleJockey72
September 9, 2009, 02:24 AM
Save your money, or invest it wisely. Heck, buy some gold!
lol, guns are the wise investment. You can't eat gold, shoot food with gold, they aren't talking about banning any type of gold.......Look what has happened to other investments, mutuals, bonds, 401Ks, etc.......Guns have only gone up or stayed the same. Sooo many people have lost their security this way recently. Not me, my guns are my retirement fund, security too.

kamagong
September 9, 2009, 12:41 PM
I'd get a Garand. I already have the AR and a couple of 1911s.

hso
September 9, 2009, 01:07 PM
Garand

jbrown50
September 9, 2009, 01:48 PM
The Garand.

CoRoMo
September 9, 2009, 01:50 PM
Gambling Treatment?;)

just kidding

shaggy430
September 9, 2009, 03:11 PM
Well, I had originally decided on the Garand but I came across a deal that I couldn't pass up on an AR-15 (my first). I'll post pics soon. Thanks for everyone's input!

If you enjoyed reading about "How to spend BlackJack winnings?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!