Tactical Wedding, Shootout and Hog Roast!!!

PDA

ThrottleJockey72
September 9, 2009, 02:38 PM
Okay, I've been with my SO for nearly 9 years now, we have 2 beautiful daughters together, and she REALLY wants to be married. She understands my apprehension, and I won't get into that here, she shares and understands my enthusiasm about the 2A and guns. Additionally, she has waited long enough that she is on board with ANY suggestion I make about marriage. This being said, I have made my decision. We are going to have a short ceremony, followed by a "short course" in safety and a range session for our guests. We will then proceed to the hog and the live band along with a few kegs of beer. I have decided the best way to go about this is to hire a pair of off duty deputies and 1 or 2 NRA certified instructors/rangemasters for safety and security during the range session. We will likely rent a small piece of land from a farmer, doze a nice backstop, and whatever other safety measures the NRA guys and deputies agree to. Put up a large canvas open sided tent for the tables and food/beer/band/DJ. Have a camping area. Have a bonfire after dark. For me, this is a dream wedding(a darn good excuse for a good party)!!! I have a close friend of over 20 years that has a very good cover band, I only expect 1 or 2 sets from them, thus the need for a DJ as well. Here is the link to their site if anyone is interested The 10th of Never. I have a fair collection of various caliber firearms to use, perhaps rent a few others. There will likely be a number of fence sitting antis, not really antis, just not yet completely on board. I have several in my family. Also a lot of people with little to no experience with guns. Aside from the measures already mentioned for safety and security, does anyone have further ideas/suggestions? Oh yeah, NO ALCOHOL WILL BE SERVED UNTIL ALL FIREARMS ARE SECURED. I have a lot of work and planning to do, but I have a good 10 months. We have decided on next July or August. Additionally, if anyone lives in Indiana and can recommend an instructor or two, or has a piece of land to rent, please PM me. There will also likely be a standing invite to THR members that want to attend. I think this will be a really good way to share our love, love of firearms, love of good food and our lives with family and friends.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical Wedding, Shootout and Hog Roast!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical Wedding, Shootout and Hog Roast!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!