Mossberg 500 20 Gauge Accessories Help

PDA

HangtownHellbilly
September 10, 2009, 02:44 AM
Hey guys I need a little help.

I've got a 7 year old Mossberg 500 20GA (don't know if its a cruiser or not) and am looking for some accessories for it.

I already put a rear pistol grip on it and the 18.5" barrel but am looking for:

1: A universal heat shield.

2: A forward pump grip assy.

3: A tube extension

4: Some sort of side saddle.

I've been doing some looking on the net and have only been able to find accessories for the 12 GA model 500's :banghead:.

Any recommendations for sights to look at to get these.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 20 Gauge Accessories Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
September 10, 2009, 03:29 AM
I think you are out of luck for the most part. You can not extend the magazine on a Mossberg 500 20ga. for example because of the way the barrel attaches. It is a 6 shot gun unless you custom build something. I think the same applies for most of the other accessories you mention.

I am not aware of anythjing being produced for 20ga. guns in the area's of accessories you are looking for.

Seattle206
September 10, 2009, 04:45 AM
your best bet is to sell that 20ga and go with a 12ga if you want all those accessories.

RandKL
September 11, 2009, 05:39 PM
1: The ATI steel heat shields fit the 20 gauge. It's just a matter of socking the mounting screws down a bit tighter. http://wwwatigunstocks.com Search for them on ebay, though. Better prices. The plain one is rock solid. Have one on my wife's Mossy as well as two others in 12 gauge. I also like the shield they sell with the ghost ring sights though a couple of folks here don't.

2: Again, the forward pistol grip made by ATI fits both the 12 and the 20 model 500. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139734797 Search for it and buy it from ebay, though.

3: Mossberg 500's can't use tube extensions. The barrel mounting lug, the big screw there at the front of the mag tube, blocks the end of the tube by design. To get your gun to hold more rounds, you'd need to add an entire new mag tube, a 7+1, as well as a new barrel. On a 12, the new barrel can be had for $60-100 and the new tube is less than $20 so it's an easy and cheap switch back and forth....but I don't believe I've ever seen a 7+1 mag tube or barrel in 20 gauge. I could be wrong, but I don't know.

Your best bet is to just take out the magazine plug, if it's still in, and stick to the 5+1 capacity.

4: Tac-Star puts out a great product. http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139255682 That price isn't bad, either.

Anything else you need, bud, be sure to ask!

Welcome to the forum, HTHB!

richard

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 20 Gauge Accessories Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!