Ka-Bar TDI

PDA

Yo Mama
September 10, 2009, 07:18 PM
Man, just got this, and I love it! I going back and forth if I needed it, which I'm sure I don't, but after watching demonstrations on the effectiveness of this knive, I may stop carrying a folder.

Great edge on it, feels great in the hand, easy to conceal, and very confortable. Great looking also. Payed 35 dollars, but looks worth it.

Anyone else have one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ka-Bar TDI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thebigc
September 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
i have one i got from a friend for 15 dollars because we cant carry i fixed blade in our state so he had no use for it i use it at work sometimes to open boxes it is well made and comes with 2 different carry options the clip or the back plate you can tie to something and if you can legally carry that kind of thing seems like a really good last ditch knife.

TFS2403
September 10, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Yo,
The TDI knife is a great thing, I know John Benner who is owner of Tactical Defense Insitute (TDI) in southern Ohio. He is a top notch guy and a great instructor. He designed the knife to be an off-hand defense knife for law enforcement. He has a guy from Upper Arlington, Ohio that is a great instructor in the knife, guy knows his ****!
If you ever want some great training look up TDI (He has a website) they are great instrutors and just plain good people.

Robb

Yo Mama
September 11, 2009, 03:38 PM
TFS, I watched the video that he put out on the knife, and that's actually what made me keep it. I didn't know if I wanted/needed it, but it's got a very good niche to fill. Very impressed with the video from TDI on youtube on this knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZivRcSnPyw

John is on there, but they also have another instructor giving great info. The demonstration on how quick you can deploy it vs. a folding knife is the real sell point to me.

TFS2403
September 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
Yep, that is the guy I was talking about, his name is Greg Ellifritz. The guy is a monster trainer, he trains in everything--and is good at it all. They are really good people there at TDI, anyone gets a chance, it's a good time, and great training.

Robb

If you enjoyed reading about "Ka-Bar TDI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!