Need a 30mm scope

PDA

ndh87
September 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
Im looking for a 30mm scope. Either 2-7 or 3-9. Anyone have any suggestions? Its going on an AR type rifle. i would prefer to stay on the lower end of price, but I dont mind paying a bit more for a good optic, no NcStars or junk like that. I would like to keep it under 300 bucks.

thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a 30mm scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atblis
September 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
Why a 30mm tube?

ndh87
September 10, 2009, 09:35 PM
because my forward mount base is set up for 30mm

jdh
September 10, 2009, 09:56 PM
I have used the 1.5-6. It was a good buy for the price.

http://www.nikkostirling.com/Content/PlatinumNighteater/Eurohunter.htm

atblis
September 10, 2009, 10:30 PM
Ok, thought that might be the case. Do you care about objective size?

I'll offer the Weaver Classic Extreme. I don't think you'll find anything remotely close quality wise for that price.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=WE&prodID=WE800703&prodTitle=WE%202.5-10X50%2030MM%20TUBE%20CX%20ILLGER

Big44mag
September 11, 2009, 10:16 AM
You could get PRI spacer inserts to change it from a 30mm to 1" if you aren't happy with the selection of scopes.

The Burris Fullfield scopes might fit the bill, the reviews on Midway don't look bad but I have no first hand experience with them.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm not completely convinced that NcStar is junk. After talking with some folks in the gun business, and getting one NcStar scope on a rifle in trade, I recently bought another new NcStar scope product, and so it's in the testing phase. From purely a features standpoint, it's an excellent value. If it holds a zero and holds up, it is indeed an exellent value; stay tuned. :)

But I snagged a 2.5-10x56mm 30mm tube, Weaver Tactical Series or some such (a discontinued line) from Natchez awhile back for about $290, and stuck it on an AR, and it seems like a really nice scope - of course it's MSRP before being discontinued was close to $900 so it oughtta be. If you can find of these still in someone's stock, grab it.

Atblis, I just now noticed that you linked to the Classic Extreme there (my bad, not "Tactical") - that's like the one I got except I got the 56mm version instead of 50mm. But yes, I agree, good scope for the price.

deer killa
December 6, 2009, 09:32 PM
i say a weaver or a burris

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a 30mm scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!