Anti gun individuals, companies, etc.

PDA

Extremely Pro Gun
September 11, 2009, 07:57 PM
http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=15

I no longer wear Levi Jeans or subscribe to Time Warner Cable. :neener:

NO MORE Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and im glad that Waco has a Starplex instead of an AMC because i will never go there anymore either. Not a dang person in my family will ever receive a Hallmark card EVER again.

I want people to know about these people/ companies. :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Anti gun individuals, companies, etc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
the iron horse
September 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
I agree, I emailed the AARP two years ago concerning their anti-gun position and told them to take me off their mailing list.

Let them and others know!

HK G3
September 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
I like how the American Medical Association is on there twice.

They must really hate guns. :neener:

chevyforlife21
September 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
thanks for that. i didnt know bruce springsteen was an anti

Extremely Pro Gun
September 11, 2009, 08:17 PM
Im just glad i found this! I was a Time Warner subscribing, Levi wearing, AMC movie watching, ben and jerrys eating, Hallmark card giver...... Until Now! I quit paying my cable bill a month ago. Im gonna get Direct TV like my dad.

mesinge2
September 11, 2009, 08:23 PM
American Firearms Association was on the list.

Just a little confused:confused:

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
September 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
So what happens when your utility companies become antigun are you gonna live in the dark and crap in a bucket out back.:D:D:D

Extremely Pro Gun
September 11, 2009, 08:26 PM
I would just switch. So far Reliant Energy isnt on the list. :D

Im just really mad about the jeans thing. They are good jeans for the money. Now i need to find a new brand. and as soon as i do, the levis go in the trash.

These companies should never get our money!!

kingpin008
September 11, 2009, 08:42 PM
That's great that you're choosing to support companies that support the Second Amendment, but I also hope that when you end your relationships with these companies, you tell them why you're leaving.

Ltp0wer
September 11, 2009, 08:46 PM
Wow, looking through the list of celebrities that have shown anti-gun love, I am cringing.

There are the ones that aren't surprising like Oprah, Rosie O`Donnel, and Michael Moore.
Then I see George Clooney, Richard Dean Anderson, and Sean Connery.

Is there a list of celebs and businesses that are pro-gun? I need a pick-me-up.

DataMonkey
September 11, 2009, 08:49 PM
Mesinge2-
Regarding the American Firearms Association, it appears their site has been taken down. However, Gunsmoke has this to say about them:

American Firearms Association
Take your blood pressure medication before you visit this site. It pretends to be on the side of law abiding gun owners, proclaiming that compromise is the only way to approach gun ownership. It prides itself in being a home for NRA refugees. Backed by gun grabbers, supported by the same misguided folks that nearly brought the NRA to its knees a few short years ago, the American Firearms Association is no friend of gun owners. Don't encourage them, don't support them, and most of all DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking they care about your firearms rights. If AFA had its way, only cops and the military would have guns (no matter what kind of horse-pucky they are peddling this week).

mesinge2
September 11, 2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks, DataMonkey.

Anything to take away our freedoms, unreal.

Extremely Pro Gun
September 11, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh i told them!! :D

John828
September 11, 2009, 08:55 PM
So what happens when your utility companies become antigun are you gonna live in the dark and crap in a bucket out back.

Then we can add "Molon Lave" to our rally cry.

Molon labe, molon lave!!!

Isher
September 11, 2009, 09:04 PM
Even though I think this thread is doomed,

And will have the life of a mayfly,

I will try my best to stay clear of the political minefield,

And focus on the Constitution.

I am morally and ethically committed to

RKBA and the Right to Free Speech, among other things.

Now, over the decades I have run into a lot of American citizens

And organizations whose policies and positions I absolutely despised.

These people and organizations were not criminal, by the way.

We just disagreed, like by a huge amount.

To me, applying a two-tier application of the Constitution, i.e.

Those who I disagree with cannot bear arms or are allowed free speech,

While those I do agree with are granted those rights,

Is a steep and slippery slope to hell.

I'm not going to name names here, because I

Fear it will turn instantly into political mud wrestling.

All I ask is,

Consider the principles of the Constitution,

And how best to apply them.

isher

Ltp0wer
September 11, 2009, 09:17 PM
Isher, what's up with the double-spacing?

Isher
September 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
LtpOwer -

Interesting.

A long freaking time ago, junior and senior year

In high school, my best running buddy was diagnosed

As being severely Dyslexic.

This was back in the days, when, if somebody

Said "Dyslexia", people thought it was some kind of sexual disease.

Anyway, Danny was more than smart and

Utterly failing at school.

So, here comes this gal, I don't know whether to

Call her a therapist, or a physician, or teacher, or what,

Who makes Danny double space both his words and his lines.

She figured out that I had been helping Mr. D a lot

With his homework, and got me to help.

Well, it was one of those amazing turnarounds.

Won't say he turned into a straight A student,

But he got more than passing grades.

So I tried it myself.

My revise, rewrite, rethink rate went down about 70 percent.

So it turned into a stone habit.

I don't doublespace words any more,

But doublespacing lines works for me.........

isher

oneounceload
September 11, 2009, 10:47 PM
That's great that you're choosing to support companies that support the Second Amendment, but I also hope that when you end your relationships with these companies, you tell them why you're leaving.

ABSOTIVELY, POSILUTELY........Let them know, spread their name......how many of you are members of the NRA?....Just think if the NRA could go to a company the way that the AARP does.....and say we have (this many MILLION members)......and your attitude sucks?....wow...all those threads about not being able to carry in certain places, etc., would go away

hoghunting
September 11, 2009, 11:06 PM
Terri Clark - Singer

I don't understand this one as Terri Clark is a C&W singer who was the spokesperson for Winchester ammo about 5 years ago.

moccasin
September 12, 2009, 12:57 AM
Wow, looking through the list of celebrities that have shown anti-gun love, I am cringing.

There are the ones that aren't surprising like Oprah, Rosie O`Donnel, and Michael Moore.
Then I see George Clooney, Richard Dean Anderson, and Sean Connery.

Is there a list of celebs and businesses that are pro-gun? I need a pick-me-up.

George Clooney was a surprise to me, can't imagine anyone from KY being that way but,,,,,. As for Anderson, watch MacGyver again, never used a gun and was at times anti-gun. Connery, where is he from? Oh yeah, that island just west of mainland europe that is really anti-gun.

Here's your pick-me-up, Tom Selleck, Charlton Heston, Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent are/were all pro-gun.

BReilley
September 12, 2009, 03:48 AM
Mel Brooks' inclusion on that list greatly saddens me.

As for many(probably most) of the other film-industry members on the list - it is at least mildly hypocritical to build a career on action/secret-agent fiction movies while passively or actively supporting efforts to curtail responsible legal private ownership of firearms. Sylvester Stallone, anyone? :p Honestly, if it weren't for the M60, would he have *any* movie career? I've never seen any of the Rambo movies, but I would bet real money that they'd be a lot less interesting if he was traipsing around Viet Nam with a slingshot(and maybe a Wiffle bat, for a silent takedown or in case the enemy gets close enough) :D

Seriously though, we can be forever assured that no matter what Hollywood sells us, it does not place value in leading by example.

RP88
September 12, 2009, 09:34 AM
it gets worse: Arnold Schwarzenegger is listed in the pro-gun section. So is Michael Moore, I believe (or was).

alohachris
September 12, 2009, 11:11 AM
My scroll wheel broke less than a quarter of the way down that Hollywood list...

chuckusaret
September 12, 2009, 02:48 PM
I no longer wear Levi Jeans or subscribe to Time Warner Cable.

NO MORE Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and im glad that Waco has a Starplex instead of an AMC because i will never go there anymore either. Not a dang person in my family will ever receive a Hallmark card EVER again.

I want people to know about these people/ companies.

Most people think we are nuts to boycott the businesses, but we think alike. Boycott them forever. I still contact any company that supports jane fonda because of her anti military stand and her trip to North Vietnam.

walker944
September 12, 2009, 03:32 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger is listed in the pro-gun section. So is Michael Moore, I believe (or was).

That'll be a cold day in hell...

Big_E
September 12, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hmm, well I won't give up Levi's. But I prefer Hagen Dazs or Dreyers over B&J's. American Greeting Cards is better than Hallmark (only because a Wingfield owns it or something and I'm related.)

People were surprised that George c-Looney is an anti? All he does is spout his leftist ideologies.

kdstrick
September 12, 2009, 04:08 PM
It stinks that I can't go to the movies anymore. Well, maybe a Tom Selleck flick... I still enjoy watching Chuck Norris kick BG's in the head... thats quality viewing. :)

Vern Humphrey
September 12, 2009, 04:14 PM
I agree, I emailed the AARP two years ago concerning their anti-gun position and told them to take me off their mailing list.
I've been doing that for ten years -- and they keep putting me back on. Nowadays, when I recieve one of their mailings, I simply take the franked, self-addressed envelope they include, put it a note, "Take me off your mailing list" and mail it back to them. The more they send me, the more it costs them.

And, BTW, I live in jeans -- I ride my horses on my own farm. But I wear Wranglers -- which are better, anyway. Levis have the running fell seam on the inside of the legs, which is murder on a horseman.

Impureclient
September 12, 2009, 05:06 PM
Along with all the actors, singers and generally unimportant people we call celebrities in that list, they missed a few.
They should have included all the antis who are burger flippers and toll booth operators. Their opinion on the matter
means to me just as much as that list of nobodies. No offense against burger flippers and booth operators.

While they are at it they should have listed all the opinions on the 1st amendment of those in that list also.
Maybe after they get their RKBA taken away they won't mind losing their right to free speech as well. In fact let's search
their homes and seize their possessions of course with no warrant, falsely accuse them of a crime, make sure bail is
unreasonable, send them to jail with no trial, and finally torture them by way of cruel and unusual means.......... :cuss:Take that!!

Erik M
September 12, 2009, 06:15 PM
i concealed carry into my local walmart where i know its against company policy when i force them to price comp their items with the local grocery store.

searcher451
September 12, 2009, 06:33 PM
Here you go:

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Hate to say it, but if we all boycotted all of the places that are anti-gun and all of the businesses and corporations that are anti-gun, we wouldn't eat, drink, or be entertained unless we grew it, distilled it, or produced it ourselves.

nwilliams
September 12, 2009, 06:45 PM
As a huge fan of Stargate SG1 it's sad to see Richard Dean Anderson's name at the top of the list:(

Oh well, it's not all that surprising either consider he was MacGyver:rolleyes:

mljdeckard
September 13, 2009, 07:23 PM
I honestly think that the celebrities list is a bit.......overinclusive. I think they went so far as to include any actor who has starred in a role in a film that was anti-gun, or made any comment like "I would never own a gun" or "Guns scare me to death" but would not and DID not actually support restricting anyone else's rights. Just because someone isn't as pro-gun as we are doesn't automatically make them anti. On this site, WE can't even agree on everything.

If I pulled the plug on every celebrity who doesn't agree with me politically, I would have a very short list left. What I DON'T support is celebrities who start to think they are more important than they are, and do things that endanger lives. (Sean Penn going to Iraq and Jane Fonda come to mind.) But even as extreme as Alec Baldwin is, he's still among the best at what he does and is still able to laugh at himself.

A few years ago I saw Concrete Blonde at a club in SLC. In the 80's they did a song called "God is a Bullet" about gun violence. I have a live cut of the song where they dedicated it to the LAPD. When I saw them live, I got to talk to them after the show, I was talking to Johnette Napolitano, I broached the subject, and she said that she hates violence, but it was mostly directed at those who abuse authority, not people who own guns. It's not her thing, but she doesn't tell people how to live their lives, just not to hurt each other. Not exactly on our side, but not on the Bradys' 'special list' either.

sltintexas
September 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
with out seeing the details about why these companies or people are on these lists I don't trust the lists. NRA & GOA seems to be quick to label people as antigun. Now obviously there are some that deserve that label but blindly trusting a list is not how I role.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anti gun individuals, companies, etc." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!