Question on Montana Gold

PDA

bombmaster
September 12, 2009, 07:57 PM
1st. Are Montana gold Plated or jacketed?

2nd I cant find case quantity for .45acp I see a price of 295.00 but for how many?

3rd. Can plated bullets fire in Polygonal Barrel like the H&K45 to be specific.

Thanks for any help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on Montana Gold" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RidgwayCO
September 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
1. Montana Gold bullets are all jacketed (as far as I know)

2a. 2300 bullets in a case of 185gr JHP or 200gr FMJ
2b. 2000 bullets in a case of 230gr FMJ
2c. 1900 bullets in a case of 230gr JHP

3. Don't know.

45ACPUSER
September 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
Most of the line up is brass jacketed, but some of the JHP/JSP are copper jacketed. They are very nice bullets!

longdayjake
September 13, 2009, 12:15 AM
Okay, Plated bullets can be fired from polygonal barrels. However, the way the barrels are made are hard on the bullets. I have heard of people shooting thousands of them through their guns with no problems, but if they want to do a bunch of mag dumps it heats up the barrel too much and the plating gets stripped from the bullet. If I were you I would do more research on the plated bullets before you go that route. I sell what I consider to be the best plated bullets on the market if you are interested. A link to my store is in my signature.

rfwobbly
September 13, 2009, 12:42 PM
MG is one of my favorite jacketed bullet suppliers. Quality is very high.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on Montana Gold" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!