How to buy a safe

PDA

peyton
September 13, 2009, 07:42 AM
I wrecked my Nissan car on Christmas eve and totaled it. My wife says instead of buying another car, BUY A GUN SAFE. I go to the LGS that carry them and pick out a couple of candiates. I get her to meet me at LGS #1 and she looks, and asks a couple of questions. Same questions at LGS#2. We are standing there and she points across the room and says (Imagine the scene, Charleston Heston as Moses speaking to Pharoah) That is the one you are going to buy!! I turn around and it is as big as a bank vault!! We spent a bucket load of cash and after it was delievered I asked why she picked it. She looked at me with those pretty blue eyes and said "Because I liked the color".

Well, I got to confess she was paying attention to my ramblings, got a safe that would hold double what I have, has the fluroscent lighting and dehumider built in and digital lock. So I load up the safe and now it is "show and tell time". I had guns strewn all over the house and she helped "organize" the safe. When she finished she gave me the "evil eye" and asked if that was all. I looked and said "Yes, that is all there is in the house".
Oh, I forgot to mention the guns kept at my FFL's that I needed to pick up.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to buy a safe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blikseme300
September 13, 2009, 09:32 AM
peyton, you are sure a lucky son-of-a-gun.:) You do know you have to spoil her next, right?

earlthegoat2
September 13, 2009, 09:56 AM
So,

The way to buy a safe is....

Go to a few places and buy the biggest heaviest monstrosity they have....

I like it. Now that is shopping.

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
September 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
This sounds like an elaborate ruse to get a total on the number of guns you have. THE CAKE IS A LIE!

RBezona
September 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
My wife bought me a gun safe for Christmas one year.
The only problem is my gun collection grows, but the gun safe doesn't

peyton
September 13, 2009, 10:29 AM
I have to agree that she was looking real careful at the guns as I was putting them in. The remaining space was used for ammo. Number One son had that job, we did not count but we did seperate by caliber. The shelves were pretty empty. Only thing that jumped out is I had .357 mag ammo but do not own one. So I bought a couple of model 66's so I could shoot it!!

moooose102
September 13, 2009, 10:29 AM
WOW! you have a VERY SPECIAL WIFE! you, are indeed, a lucky man! i would think a day at the spa, or a new pistol for her would be in order! (HER CHOICE!)

peyton
September 13, 2009, 10:41 AM
I really think she is expecting a new Nissan 370Z convertible in the drive way at Christmas. Does Hot Wheels make that car yet?? Naw, I could not do that, she likes sparkly things.

redneck2
September 13, 2009, 10:50 AM
FWIW...I found out that, if you have long guns, you need to buy a safe that's rated for 2.5-3x as many guns as you are actually going to store. When they say "20 Guns" they mean 20 BB guns. Put in an AR with the pistol grip and a scope and it takes the amount of space as 3 of their guns

hardluk1
September 13, 2009, 11:39 AM
Maybe she now has a place for all the new jewlry she is going to buy to fill the shielves with.

4v50 Gary
September 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
Great wife unit you got there. You owe her dinner.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to buy a safe" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!