Has it ever happened to you

PDA

Shadow 7D
September 13, 2009, 02:46 PM
Went to the gun auction to get a CZ-52 and a Romanian M1969 and ended up with a hipoint and a Kel tec. Have you ever gone to get a gun and ended up with a completely different than you meant to buy?

If you enjoyed reading about "Has it ever happened to you" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rogertc1
September 13, 2009, 05:25 PM
Gun auction on line? Hope you got the Hi-point for under $50.

Shadow 7D
September 13, 2009, 08:26 PM
No, Local place, the list online too. They are contracted with the local PD, as for the Hi-point, no questions asked warranty so not really worried and for the 70 I paid figured that it would make a beater gun and save something more expensive.

blikseme300
September 13, 2009, 09:37 PM
Yep, went to pick up a CZ97 and went home with 2 Colts.:)

My addiction works like this: Started with 9mmP only. I reload so I pick up all brass. Eventually I have more than 10,000 .40S&W empties. Bought a Couger and a Lee Pro1000 to feed it. Eventually I also had a few thousand .45ACP empties. This required a gun to use them. A reloading press, molds etc followed. I now have enough guns to use these calibers.:neener:

I have also collected a large number of .38Super cases.........

I need another safe too.....

:D

crawfobj
September 13, 2009, 10:20 PM
I like the way you think!

CornCod
September 13, 2009, 10:55 PM
Sure, I went to the store to buy a .40 Taurus Millenium Pro I had seen there on a previous visit. I ended up walking out the door with a pristine used Model 10 snubby Smith and Wesson .38.

Previously I went to the same store to buy a Bersa Thunder 9mm and ended up with a Ruger SR-9 9mm. There are so many interesting guns to buy in this world.

slicksleeve
September 13, 2009, 11:56 PM
I went to the local pawn shop for a battery charger last summer and came home with a winchester manufactured sears 30-30 lever action. My wife still wonders how I got the lawnmower to crank!

Shadow 7D
September 14, 2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, She says I get distracted, but I saw the Keltec and thought that it would look nice next to its baby brother and it in a caliber I already have, so......

The main thing for me was to set my maximum price and remind myself to walk away when it got exceeded, thats why I don't have a CZ-52, I wasn't willing to pay the premium for a spare 9mm barrel, after all 7.62 tok is cheaper anyways.

bhp9mm
September 15, 2009, 08:25 AM
was this the auction i watch it online when they have it North Pacific Auctioneers Ltd

NMGonzo
September 15, 2009, 05:39 PM
I needed a plinker

I got a .22

sold the .22

Then I got a 9 for commuting at night on my bicycle

Sold the 9 to get a .45 mil/pro

Traded in the .45 mil/pro for a combat commander

Got the combat commander

Somehow I ended with a .357 snubby, somehow it became my main carry

Want the .45 mil/pro back ... well ... .22 plinker with it.

A Glock 35 came along ... cannot remember how.

Finnaly, the 5 1/2 44 magnum I wanted came along.

... I just wanted a plinker.

And that is only in a 10 month span.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has it ever happened to you" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!