Speer Gold Dot ammo sale - No wonder you can't get any!

PDA

rcmodel
September 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
Just saw where ATK/Speer made a $14 million (over four years) deal supplying 9mm Gold Dot ammo to the 250,000 French LEO's in all organizations.

No wonder GD bullets & CCI primers are out of stock here in the U.S.. :what:

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Gold Dot ammo sale - No wonder you can't get any!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
September 13, 2009, 06:03 PM
At least it will bring some foreign capitol into the U.S. for a change...........

Fred

45ACPUSER
September 13, 2009, 06:04 PM
RC=
Actually that's not true Speer bullets have never been hard to find. Especially their gold dots for reloading. Now, if you said Hornady I would agree with your stateme t Hornady has sucekd at getting bullets out does not matter the caliber.....have not seen 9mm Hornady bullets in months, and well 38 cal are spotty and some not to be found ie 140gr, 40's are hard to find, and 45's.....

rhinoh
September 13, 2009, 09:26 PM
RC=
Actually that's not true Speer bullets have never been hard to find. Especially their gold dots for reloading.

Ok.

Please point me to some Gold Dot 380 95 gr for reloading cause I sure can't find any:D

oneounceload
September 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
Just saw where ATK/Speer made a $14 million (over four years) deal supplying 9mm Gold Dot ammo to the 250,000 French LEO's in all organizations.

Good for them - nice to see an American gun-related company so well thought of they are getting foreign business

LeonCarr
September 13, 2009, 10:08 PM
Yet another example of the Americans bailing out the French.

:)

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

RidgwayCO
September 13, 2009, 10:21 PM
rhinoh, these guys have some...

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?cat=961&productid=3267

and you can special order them from these guys...

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com

rhinoh
September 14, 2009, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately they don't. The Gamaliel website doesn't show inventory levels like most so I called them....none on hand, like everyone else they are backordered!
Thanks for the try though...

Randy1911
September 14, 2009, 11:33 AM
Posted by 45 ACPUSER
Hornady has sucekd at getting bullets out does not matter the caliber.....

I went to my reloading shop this weekend and his shelves were full of Hornady, all calibers. You need to keep looking.

Marlin 45 carbine
September 16, 2009, 08:10 PM
sort of 'off topic' but Natchez had .357 Hornadys in stock, 125 & 158 gr. got 100 of each 3 weeks back.

Speer+P GD does not go to military U.S. servicemen they are relegated to fmj. AFAIK they use the 'Nato+P' fmj ammo.
that Speer brass is good stuff IMO.

gwalchmai
September 17, 2009, 10:11 AM
I've been able to get Speer GDHPs from Midway albeit with a short backorder delay of maybe a week or two.

If you enjoyed reading about "Speer Gold Dot ammo sale - No wonder you can't get any!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!