Woo Hoo! New Beretta AL 391

PDA

BlackJack
January 19, 2003, 01:55 PM
Just picked it up at a gun show yesterday--an AL-391 Urika with beautiful wood furniture and beautiful blued finish. Light, excellent fit and finished, fits me very well and recoils very easy (I got to fire 4 rounds yesterday to check it out). I got it mainly for clay games but I can see where my 870 is going to get left at home a lot even on hunting trips. Just wanted to let you all know (of course I would never brag.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Woo Hoo! New Beretta AL 391" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duke of Lawnchair
January 19, 2003, 01:59 PM
Congrats on your purchase! My boss at one of my internships purchased an AL 391 three and a half years ago, and his trusty 11-87 has been sitting in the safe ever since.

Dave McCracken
January 19, 2003, 02:02 PM
Enjoy, and let us know how you like it...

BA/UU/R...

Duke of Lawnchair
January 19, 2003, 02:03 PM
My goodness, I can actually decipher David's snazzy acronym!

Marshall
January 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
PRETTY WOOD AND NICE BLUEING IS TOUGH TO BEAT! CONGRATS!

BlackJack
January 25, 2003, 06:07 PM
I'll tell you what, Dave. I'm not so sure the 870 is EVER going to get taken out again. I really like the feel of the AL391. The recoil is not noticable at all. I like the weight, the balance and the way the gun points and so far (first 4 boxes) it's functioned perfectly. I shot perhaps a little better than usual, but don't fault the gun for any misses. Whenever I missed I almost always knew I was going to because I hadn't mounted properly or pulled the trigger before I was on the bird. After shooting the AL391, I picked up my old 870 for comparison. Now it feels like the 870 is barrel heavy, and the stock is too thin and short. The Beretta really fits me better and balances very nicely. I know that, given enough time and practice, you adjust to whatever you're shooting, but this whole package is really excellent for me and feels like I just found the shotgun that was made for me. And the AL391 is so nicely fitted and finished it's like a work of art. I think the 870 will always have a special place on my rack because it's been around for a while, but the Beretta is now "my shotgun."

PJR
January 25, 2003, 07:05 PM
Congratulations. They are fine guns. For some good reading on the 391/390 series guns try this site.

http://www.shotgunreport.com/

Bruce Buck is a proponent of the Beretta gas guns and his site has many helpful tips on maintenance and other matters.

Paul

Dave McCracken
January 25, 2003, 07:06 PM
To each his own, BlackJack. I'll even forgive you for neglecting that 870. Have your fling with that Eyetalian beauty, just remember your 870 is patiently waitng at home(G)....

More seriously, I like the 391s I've handled and shot, except for the stock. If I follow my own acronym(BA/UU/R) I'm sure I'd adapt to it.

Enjoy...

HSMITH
January 25, 2003, 07:14 PM
The 391 is a darn nice shotgun. I have shot them and really like them too.

I would bet that you will still be able to shoot the 870 as well though, even after 10 cases through the 391. At least for me the gun has little to do with what scores I post. If it will go bang it can be shot well, just find out where it shoots for you and go to it!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Woo Hoo! New Beretta AL 391" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!