Chavez to Produce AK-47's

September 15, 2009, 12:49 AM
I find this information re: the Chavez-Russia relationship very disturbing. Almost as disturbing as our current coddling of this tyrant:

[L]et's discuss the quasi-military alliance with the Soviet Union. Since he took power in 1998 Chavez has purchased more than four billion dollars worth of Soviet-era military equipment. Some of this is indeed troubling, particularly a plant to produce AK-47s, many of which will undoubtedly find themselves in the hands of Chavez's guerrilla allies in Colombia. The rest will probably be stockpiled to arm Chávez's supporters in the event of a civil war, something that is far from improbable.

Here's a link to the source.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chavez to Produce AK-47's" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
September 15, 2009, 02:18 AM
According to the Biography of Mao Tse Tung I'm reading now, Mao had a similar relationship with the Soviets. I would assume that Chavez is paying with oil money while Mao paid with grain and foodstuffs he "requisitioned" from his people millions of whom starved as a result. Wouldn't that be original source of Norinco?

September 15, 2009, 02:24 AM
Its no surprise that would happen . Millions and miliions of AKs have found it s place in the world as well as our M16s .

September 15, 2009, 02:39 AM
Tag. Interesting stuff.

September 15, 2009, 02:44 AM
No doubt Chavez is making a major power play in Central/South America. With 'Comrade Obama' (his words) in place there is no one to stop him.

This will cause decades of problems for our hemisphere.

September 15, 2009, 03:15 AM
Definitely unsettling news....I believe he also purchased the equipment to manufacture ammunition, and they're using an older pattern 7.62 AKM if some article I saw elsewhere is correct.

September 15, 2009, 03:18 AM
Soon to be called the "Hugo"

Isn't empire great?

September 15, 2009, 05:37 AM
i'd rather be worried by the S-300 missiles and the SU-30... but that's just me ;)

September 15, 2009, 05:50 AM
Perhaps the mexican drug lords will start going to uncle Hugo when the U.S. "market" dries up.

September 15, 2009, 05:53 AM south of the biggest friggin military force in the world...

I too would strive to get my hands on more weapons.

I believe that the US has considered south america
it´s own backyard for way too long.

So Chave´s move is just normal... and of course he
doesn´t want to by from Colt :-)

September 15, 2009, 06:06 AM
Well, at least we know where the drug cartels in Mexico will be buying their weapons.

Apple a Day
September 15, 2009, 07:10 AM
Not new. Chavez bought an initial lot of 100k rifles from the, Russians before he hired them to build him a plant to make more. That was a few years ago. I wonder how many of those got sold to narco's along the Mexican-U.S. border.

September 15, 2009, 07:15 AM
The drug cartels may be getting thier arms from Uncle Hugo, but WE will still be held liable!

September 15, 2009, 09:03 AM
This coulda actually been a thread about the GUNS (you remember those things, don'tchya?) but instead y'all made it into a thread about poly ticks.

And so it must die.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chavez to Produce AK-47's" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!