C&R Question

PDA

circuitspore
September 15, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but I'm asking anyways for clarification.....

If I'm purchasing a C&R pistol (CZ-52 to be exact) from an out-of-stater, can that firearm be shipped to a friend w/ his C&R (in my state - next door to me, actually), and then transfered to me?

Not that I can't pay the $30 transfer fee from my normal shop, but figured I'd save the cash if I could...

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
September 15, 2009, 04:38 PM
That is not a legal use for a C&R license. A C&R license allows one to receive guns for their own collection, not to function as a transferee for other purchasers.

rcmodel
September 15, 2009, 06:17 PM
$30 dollar transfer fee seems a little excessive.

Search your zip code here:
http://www.auctionarms.com/help/FFLZipSearch.cfm

Theres a guy 14.22 miles from you who will do it for $14 bucks.
Another 9.96 who does it for $20.

rc

circuitspore
September 15, 2009, 09:48 PM
jonnyc, thanks for the info. rcmodel, thanks for the link.

DMK
September 15, 2009, 10:01 PM
For $30 you can get your own C&R licence. Then the next one is transferred for free.

circuitspore
September 15, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah, that's the intent, but I came across a deal and I don't think the seller will wait for the gov't to grant me the license, so kinda stuck on this one. oh well.

cchris
September 16, 2009, 05:13 AM
Theres a guy 14.22 miles from you who will do it for $14 bucks.
Another 9.96 who does it for $20.

So to me it seems like, unless you drive a car that gets around 1 mile per gallon, you'd be best off going to the guy that charges $14. No reason to really be "stuck", just spend the $15 now to get the gun and then apply for your C&R to avoid this situation later.

circuitspore
September 16, 2009, 07:57 AM
So to me it seems like, unless you drive a car that gets around 1 mile per gallon, you'd be best off going to the guy that charges $14. No reason to really be "stuck", just spend the $15 now to get the gun and then apply for your C&R to avoid this situation later.

Yes, that's what I intend to do. By 'stuck', I meant stuck having to pay the transfer fee this time, since I don't have the C&R yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!