Opinions on G96 Gun Treatment.

PDA

stchman
September 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
I have a friend that won't shut up about G96 Gun Treatment. A cop told him it is the cat's meow.

I have had nothing but excellent luck with Hoppe's #9, brake cleaner for a rinse, and RemOil for lubrication.

I would consider using this G96 if I could spray it on my Taurus 44 mag stainless steel revolver and all the burnt cr@p on the breech and cylinder face would come off. I have to use Flitz and a stiff brush for that.

Any rate I was just wanting people's opinions.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on G96 Gun Treatment." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HGUNHNTR
September 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
It smells nice, but its not a terrific lube, its not a terrific cleaner, but does a nice job as a protectant before storage. I use a solvent to clean, a gun oil to oil (not rem oil, I like militec or fp10) and a silicon rag before storage.

Anytime you try to use just one product for several very different tasks, you are bound to comprimise on a few. (which is why my father hates crescent wrenches and vise grips :))

GRIZ22
September 16, 2009, 07:25 PM
It smells nice, but its not a terrific lube, its not a terrific cleaner, but does a nice job as a protectant before storage.
Anytime you try to use just one product for several very different tasks, you are bound to comprimise on a few.

All of this is true. G96 is old tech but I keep a can around. I use it for quick cleans and it seems to work okay for that. I generally use CLP for lube, Hoppe's #9 (best on lead in my opinion), GI Bore Cleaner ( I have a good supply), and CLP as a protectorant.

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on G96 Gun Treatment." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!