My Buddy died, wife gave away guns

PDA

TexasBen317
September 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
I got notice just the other day that a long time buddy or mine had taken his own life, using his 357.

His wife , after all the questions and exaiming by the PD told them to take all his guns out of the house , including a prime ole Daisy BB pump he had just bought .

Dog gone it, I miss my buddy , but his brother and I both wish she had called us first.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Buddy died, wife gave away guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rogertc1
September 16, 2009, 05:24 PM
Suicide is trajic and I do not blame her. Sorry about the loss of a bud TexasBen.

Mike J
September 16, 2009, 05:43 PM
I am sorry to hear you lost your friend. I can understand why she would react that way. While we might have our own thoughts or opinions we should always respect the wishes of a widow.

jmorris
September 16, 2009, 05:43 PM
There is nothing that can replace what she lost and I can understand her feelings as well as those of her brother in-law and yourself. The only thing I can suggest is to respect her decision and try to move on. A piece of machinery can not replace what has been lost so don’t let it divide what is left.

rbernie
September 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
I am sorry to hear you lost your friend. I can understand why she would react that way. While we might have our own thoughts or opinions we should always respect the wishes of a widow.Well said.

Condolences.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Buddy died, wife gave away guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!