Mounting Lee classic cast

PDA

kestak
September 16, 2009, 06:19 PM
Greetings,

I am looking for a solution, maybe one of you will be able to point somethign to me:

I am mounting a Lee classic cast on my bench. Problem: it blocks a drawer to open. My idea: Is there something that hardwares store sell that would be strong enough to use as a hinge that can block, or release thing (Maybe to block the front with vises) that I can put on the back and pivot the press?

The idea is to have the press on my bench but beeing able to pivot it fast so I can access the drawer.

If you did it, a picture would be useful.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting Lee classic cast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ranger335v
September 16, 2009, 09:21 PM
Drawers are good. I built a space for my press when I built my loading bench and drawers so I haven't done that. Think I would more likely re-build the existing drawer(s) narrower instead of having a hinged press mount tho.

You have a really good press. Good luck!

hogshead
September 16, 2009, 09:29 PM
My bud mounted his on a 2x6 then clamps it to his bench. Dont know if this will help but hope so . It is a good press.

daboone
September 16, 2009, 09:40 PM
I had the same problem. Mt bench is heavy and stable with the surface banged up so I just screwed down a sheet of 3/4in. plywood so it extended over the edge by 6inches. Remounted it there.... new counter top and got my drawer back!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting Lee classic cast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!