In case you're wondering - Federal primers seat better than CCI on LNL-AP

PDA

IMtheNRA
September 19, 2009, 01:47 PM
Yesterday, I had to switch to Federal SP-Mag primers because I finally ran out of my CCI SP-Mag primers.

CCI SP magnum primers usually seat only flush with the case head, and almost never slightly below. Occasionally I get a high primer.

Federal SP Magnum primers all seated below flush, like they're supposed to.

I posted this just in case your Hornady LNL AP is having trouble properly seating some types of primers.

If you enjoyed reading about "In case you're wondering - Federal primers seat better than CCI on LNL-AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
September 19, 2009, 01:55 PM
Actually, Federal primers seat better than CCI on most presses, and in separate priming apparatus. They're made from a slightly softer material, which is why they're also slightly more sensitive to firing pin impact, and the primer of choice for a lot of handgun target shooters.

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "In case you're wondering - Federal primers seat better than CCI on LNL-AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!