Mexico Subway Shooting

PDA

Fosbery
September 19, 2009, 05:25 PM
Not seen anyone post this, apologies if someone has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b255PF1p6G8

(link does show footage of people getting shot)

And the text story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/19/mexico.subway.shooting/

Tragic of course. But also interesting. I don't want to be insensitive to the victims, but I think it's useful to look at these kinds of things in case you ever get caught up in one, god forbid.

After the first officer is shot, the second officer turns and runs (whether he was injured before or after he ran I don't know). Was he not armed? Dropped his gun? Thought running was just a better option than fighting?

Then the, very brave, construction worker attempts to disarm the gunman - not very effectively unfortunately. But the gunman, despite having the opportunity many times, does not shoot him for some time. Why not? Conserving ammunition, or did he not want to kill bystanders? Or maybe his gun wasn't working (could be a single action he forgot to cock?).

When the first man is struggling with the shooter, a second man tries to join in, but gets shot, according to the video, in the pelvis. He stops fighting, turns and walks away as if nothing had happened. Quite odd, you'd expect him to either run for his life or fall on the floor screaming. You also see two people behind the gunman who are just standing there watching and make no attempt to run away. You even see one man come back onto the platform! Lots of people in the background either not moving or making only very casual attempts to move away, not running. You notice several people move to intervene, but then back off for whatever reason.

I guess people were just stunned, or didn't really register what was happening? Seems to ring true with what we know about Virginia Tech - most people who died apparently huddled in aisles rather than running. Also, unsuccessful attempts to disarm an armed person, without being armed yourself.

When you see the shooter from the train, you get a good shot of his revolver. Not sure what it is, in some shots it looks like a Smith & Wesson, in others like a Peacemaker style single action, I'm sure somebody else will have a better idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexico Subway Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
September 19, 2009, 09:28 PM
Video's been removed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexico Subway Shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!