Remington Model 11 mag extension

PDA

jmcc11
January 19, 2003, 02:40 PM
Does anyone make a mag extension for a model 11 12 ga ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Model 11 mag extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
January 19, 2003, 03:09 PM
They've been made, but I know of none currently advertised for the 11. And of course, they can't be clamped to the barrel...

Tom C.
January 19, 2003, 03:15 PM
I have tried 2 mag extentions for the Remington 1100: the Choate fit the threads, but the Tac Star didn't. The Choate required a thick washer to fit. The threads of the mag tube are too long and I didn't want to cut the mag tube.

jmcc11
January 19, 2003, 07:16 PM
Thank you guys for the replies. With the Choate extension installed was the gun still reliable? Thanks again.

dfariswheel
January 19, 2003, 09:03 PM
WHOA, possible miscommunication here.

Are you asking about the old Remington Model 11 recoil operated shotgun, or the newer Remington Model 1100 gas operated gun?

As far as I know, there are no extensions available for the old Model 11.

The same same extension the fits the Remington Model 870 pump gun will fit the Model 1100 guns. Reliability on the 1100 is the same with, as without an extension.

Tom C.
January 19, 2003, 09:23 PM
While no one makes a mag extention for a shotgun that has been out of production for 55 years, the threads on the mag tube cap are close enough to the current Remingtion 1100 that the Choate mag tubes work, at least on mine. Functionaly, the tubes work fine, but they are cantilevered off the mag at the end of the forend. I use mine for IPSC 3 gun competition, then remove it for other things. It looks pretty delicate out there to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Model 11 mag extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!