Grendel P30

PDA

stevekalch
September 20, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey just picked up an old Grendel P30. It needs a good cleaning but theres no manual with it. Anybody know the best way to go about the take down? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Grendel P30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PT1911
September 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
I actually acquired one of these interesting little pieces... the takedown is actually pretty simple... you have to remove the break (if yours has one) there is then a metal bushing at the end of the barrel (it is checkered for grip) you twist that off and the spring and you can then remove the slide from the frame... If I remember correctly...

it isnt difficult at all... just be careful in unscrewing that piece as you can shoot it and your spring across the room... cool guns..... still looking for some ammo that will function 100% through mine... supposedly the winchester super X works well, dunno yet.

PT1911
September 20, 2009, 10:46 PM
I actually just pulled mine out and disassembled/reassembled it in about 2 min.. only needed an allen wrench to remove the muzzle break..

nalioth
September 20, 2009, 11:07 PM
I hope his gun isn't broken.

"break"
• become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
• render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
• ruin completely; "He broke my radio!"

"brake" (which is what I think you mean)
• anything that slows or hinders a process;

stevekalch
September 20, 2009, 11:38 PM
Thank for the quick reply. Mine doesnot have the brake. I cant seem to the the bushing off the front of the barrel. It spins and loosens but doesnt come all the way off. It just stops turning.

stevekalch
September 20, 2009, 11:54 PM
It looks like there is a gasket or o-ring seal in between the bushing that may be broken and seems to be getting stuck in the threads. I dont wanna force it through. Any ideas?

stevekalch
September 21, 2009, 12:53 AM
went and got a wrench. just needed a little help getting throught the years of sitting. Cleaned up and smooth moving now!

PT1911
September 21, 2009, 09:56 AM
they are pretty simple when you take the leap... and yes.. it was a BRAKE... give me a break guys....

If you enjoyed reading about "Grendel P30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!