My J Frame Made a Wuss of Me!

PDA

41magsnub
September 21, 2009, 12:41 AM
All my other pistols seem heavy and clunky now compared to the 438 airweight! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "My J Frame Made a Wuss of Me!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jfh
September 21, 2009, 12:50 AM
I understand. Have you shot it a lot as well?

Jim H.

41magsnub
September 21, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'm about 150+ rds into it with a mix of carry ammo and bulk .38+P "cheap" hollow points that are very close to the same POI with about the same recoil. It seemed too stingy at first but I adjusted my grip and rigged a pad on it where it gets the web of my hand with tennis racket grip tape. Before it had a habit of taking bug chunks of skin with it. It's not too bad now.

Now to get better than merely competent with it!

TRguy
September 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
Got me one of them there J Frames.....and yes shoot it alot, with some loaded down plinking loads 158SWC 3.1 Clays cause it is fun, maybe 1500 rds to date.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/TRguy/CarryGuns1-19-09ng.jpg

EOC_Jason
September 21, 2009, 12:29 PM
I have an older S&W J Frame Model 60 (Stainless .357). I like to shoot 148GR HBWC w/3GR Bullseye. I have similar grips to the ones in the picture above. I had a pair of smaller stag grips on it, but after shooting a couple .357 rounds through it I quickly changed. It ripped some skin off on the inside edge of my thumb from the recoil!

Armed012002
September 21, 2009, 01:56 PM
Just something to think about:

I have Crimson Trace laser grips for my snub nosed revolver and highly recommend you consider it for your snub. They're very practical and have rubber in front and behind the grip to protect your hands from recoil.

The thugs comes out at night. The laser dot helps you aim in high stress, no light situations.

Additionally, I wear glasses or contact lenses and if I loose my glasses in a struggle, I can still see the laser dot. I cannot see sights (including night sights) without glasses/contact lenses.

KBintheSLC
September 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
I have the same problem. Since I started packing my 637, I find it hard to convince myself to haul the Glock.

bluetopper
September 23, 2009, 11:30 PM
I very recently bought a model 36 with the flat latch made around 1960. She is a total blast to shoot with my 148gr wadcutters loaded with 2.7gr of Clays.
Quality and craftsmanship you don't see on today's guns.

chris in va
September 24, 2009, 09:37 AM
I also have an old 1954 flat latch. Don't shoot it much though, it has a bit of cylinder end shake.

If you enjoyed reading about "My J Frame Made a Wuss of Me!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!