How to make a 300WSM gun shoot 308?

PDA

Gabe
October 31, 2003, 09:05 PM
I have a 308 Remington rifle and I'm looking to add a magnum to my collection. Instead of having two rifles, is there any maker that offer a rifle that shoots the 300wsm and 308 with some interchangable parts? Could I buy a magnum rifle and have it converted? Sorry I don't know much about rifle smithing.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to make a 300WSM gun shoot 308?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
October 31, 2003, 11:07 PM
The Blaser 93 is completely caliber convertible, but I don't know if they do WSMs yet.
It is also extremely expensive.
Any sort of gunsmithing conversion would be even more money.

Buy two Remingtons, you will come out cheaper.

Art Eatman
November 1, 2003, 12:57 AM
It's not just the cost of a new barrel; the bolt-face is a different size, as well.

IMO, if I didn't already have .308s and '06s lying around, I'd go with a .300WSM. It looks like a perfect cartridge for a handloader. Load down a bit for deer; up for elk or moose.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "How to make a 300WSM gun shoot 308?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!