Magnum Research Mountain Eagle Rifle

PDA

quadzilla
October 31, 2003, 10:21 PM
Looking for some info on this rifle.

A local store has a pretty good price on a NIB 24" barreled 30-06 that I've been eyeballing. Heck, its almost 1/4 of the list price on MR's website. The specs are great, but these must not have been too popular because I can't find more than a mention or two on the whole 'net.

Sako customized action
Krieger Barrel
HS Precision stock

The one report I read said it had a silky-smooth adjustable trigger and shot 1 1/8" w/ off the shelf ammo. Can you add anything?

If you enjoyed reading about "Magnum Research Mountain Eagle Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
quadzilla
November 2, 2003, 06:13 AM
How about info on a Magnum Research forum somewhere?

Kamicosmos
November 2, 2003, 09:38 AM
I know MR discontinued the model. Can't remember if they sold the rights to anyone else or not.

They are a good design, and are very accurate. I think they just couldn't compete with TC once the Encore came out with it's ability to handle Rifle calibers.

I've seen a few mountain eagles at shows for good prices, but I don't have a desire for a hand held rifle.

Sorry couldn't be of more help...

Cosmoline
November 3, 2003, 01:14 PM
They aren't too common at all. Any chance you can buy this one and test it for us? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Magnum Research Mountain Eagle Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!