Most Popular Powder in Bullseye Comp.

PDA

bluetopper
September 24, 2009, 11:04 PM
During the last 75 years with all the testing, research and wide array of new gunpowders that have come to fruition from all the powder companies I have read that STILL the vast majority of bullseye shooters in competition prefer Bullseye powder. Is this actually the case?

It seems on this forum and others I frequent, lots of other powders are mentioned as favorites a lot more often than ole Bullseye. How can this be?:eek::confused::)

If you enjoyed reading about "Most Popular Powder in Bullseye Comp." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clarence
September 24, 2009, 11:48 PM
I don't shoot in bullseye competition any more, but Bullseye is still my favorite pistol powder.

jibbs
September 25, 2009, 12:06 AM
For what its worth, I have tried many, many powders and I shoot the best with Bullseye. I keep trying other powders (trying to find cleaner) but still shoot tighter groups with the Ole Bull. Go figure. BTW I don't shoot bullseye, but have noticed that I am better shot with bullseye. 231 is close but still not the same. just my .02.

ReloaderFred
September 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
I just bought another 16 pounds of Bullseye, if that tells you anything. I use it in a lot of handgun rounds for general shooting. For magnum rounds, I use other powders, but Bullseye will always be in my powder supply.

Hope this helps.

Fred

D. Manley
September 25, 2009, 12:21 AM
Just looking at the pet loads on the BULLSEYE-L FORUM (http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com/reloading/45/petloads.htm), looks like Bullseye and VV N-310 are the dominant powders to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most Popular Powder in Bullseye Comp." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!