Sig P230 9mm Ultra

PDA

usp9
September 29, 2009, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this particularly chambered Sig P230? It is marked 9mm POLICE, more commonly called 9mm ULTRA. I'm curious as to the recoil, reliability and whether regular .380 mags are used. Does anyone have one of these pretty rare Sigs? How tough is it to find the ammo?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P230 9mm Ultra" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Storm
September 29, 2009, 11:50 AM
I have a Walther PP Super in 9mm Ultra (9x18 Police). Ammo can be rare depending on when you are looking for it. It seems to be made every couple of years. I have a good supply of it so I haven't been looking for it recently. Fiocchi and Geco seem to be the "commonly" seen brands. There are few guns chambered fot htis round, also including the Benelli B82 and a few others.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5220/img2340s.jpg

sanerkeki
September 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
I have one in Europe and it is very common there since 9mm and 9mm short(380) are next 5 mm and 7 mm size pistol ammo most common. Howere here all I seen is as Storm said Fiocchi has Geco has them.
I had mine for a while and had not had any problems with it but then again I migh have onlyy shot 500-750 rounds since it does have a strong recoil just like my Barr. model 84 in 380. It is a Sig so I am sure it is a very good gun. Were was your made in? Mine was a German made but the barrel was made in Swiss.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P230 9mm Ultra" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!