Kimber Aegis 9mm for my wife.

PDA

steverjo
October 2, 2009, 01:40 AM
My wife and I were looking at hand guns the other day and she fell in love with the Kimber Aegis 9mm. Apart from the price, do any of you have any reason why she should not get this?

She has shot Kimbers before at the local rental range and likes the way they feel and shoot. She also has a Kahr K9.

Would it be better to spend the same amount of money and buy two "lesser quality" guns?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Aegis 9mm for my wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9MMare
October 2, 2009, 05:18 AM
Would it be better to spend the same amount of money and buy two "lesser quality" guns?

Does she need 2 guns?

bikerdoc
October 2, 2009, 06:03 AM
Your money, her gun.Ya'alls desicion. BTW CZ is not a lesser gun.

Moccw
October 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
I had a ultra aegis for a while, and absolutely loved the gun, ended up trading it off, on a Ed Brown that i purchased about a year ago. I just bought another ultra aegis, because I miss that gun so much. It is very nice, and 9mm shoots like a dream, in this gun. Buy it, you and her will both enjoy the aegis!

rbernie
October 2, 2009, 09:02 AM
I am very very very pleased with mine. It's probably the last 1911 that I'd sell...

Does she need 2 guns? Of course! Everyone needs at least two.

sanerkeki
October 2, 2009, 09:16 AM
Kimbers tend to be overpriced, they do look nice almost to nice to do anything but keep it in a gun safe. As far the quality there are other gun makers like cz xd that cost much less but are pretty much the same. But the bottom line is it is up to you too really to descide she will have it not us:)

rbernie
October 2, 2009, 09:20 AM
My Aegis is my EveryDayCarry (EDC) piece. You cannot buy any other 1911 with its features (aluminum frame, ramped barrel, night sights, checkered front strap, completely dehorned, etc.) for the same cost.

I actually think that Kimber's are, on average, priced LESS than comparable pistols. For example, I can buy a Kimber Custom II for less than an equivalent Springfield or Colt... Yes, you can buy a cheaper 1911 but it'll likely have a cast frame/slide or somesuch, and isn't really 'equivalent'. Not that there's anything wrong with a cast-frame 1911 (I'm a big fan of the Armscor products, for example) but they are simply not 'equivalent'.

Cloudpeak
October 2, 2009, 09:28 AM
cz xd ?????

Jim Watson
October 2, 2009, 09:29 AM
I think the domestic tranquility alone would be worth the price.

Two cheaper guns? No. I have been down the road of quantity instead of quality and it does not lead anyplace I want to be.

Walkalong
October 2, 2009, 10:17 AM
I think the domestic tranquility alone would be worth the price.

Gun = a few hundred.......Domestic tranquility = Priceless

eatont9999
October 2, 2009, 10:39 AM
I would buy one if I had the money and saw a nice one. I read some reviews on it and the Aegis seems like a very nice piece.

steverjo
October 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the info.

If i get one for her, I hope she lets me use it sometimes. lol.

freakshow10mm
October 3, 2009, 01:19 AM
I shot one that a chick had at the range. Very nice little gun. First 9mm 1911 I shot and I really liked it. If I needed a ultra compact 9mm 1911, that's what I'd buy.

I prefer a little bigger 1911, a 9mm commander would do just fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Aegis 9mm for my wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!