.308 norma mag

PDA

doodle bug
October 3, 2009, 03:08 AM
Hi. can anyone tell me who makes dies for 308 norma mag ?? the idea is to make cases from 300 win mag !! Im having no luck finding them here. thanks..

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 norma mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rg1
October 3, 2009, 03:32 AM
Looks like RCBS and Redding both make the .308 Norma Magnum dies. Maybe other companies as well.
This site advertises a 3 die set, full-length sizer plus neck sizer and bullet seater. They advertise international shipping. Redding makes excellent equipment.
http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/7853/308-Norma-Mag-Reloading-Dies
Not familiar with international shipping but I understand some countries require a import certificate?

doodle bug
October 3, 2009, 04:58 AM
Many thanks RG1 . A large glass of french wine raised to you sir..

NCsmitty
October 3, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hornady also makes 308 Norma Mag dies.

Here's a good list of dies available at MidwayUsa. I'm not sure if it helps you if you're living in France.

www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=1&categoryId=8197&categoryString=9315***731***702***8344***

I own an custom FN Mauser in 308 Norma Magnum myself.

NCsmitty

loadedround
October 3, 2009, 11:38 AM
Doddle Bug: For what it's worth; Ebay has several sets of 308 Norma dies up for auction. Whether or not they would ship to France I can't answer. Email that question to the sellers and good luck. :)

Border Hopper
October 3, 2009, 02:16 PM
If you are able to be both vigilant and patient, new .308 Norma brass is often available through distributors, via on-line auctions, etc. The Norma-made brass is pricey and the conversion of .300 Winchester Mag is somewhat labor-intensive (remember to anneal the shoulder and neck). Take your pick, but I prefer to have the actual caliber headstamp correct whenever possible.
Your situation is much different than those of us in the USA.
Best wishes, Border Hopper

lefteyedom
October 3, 2009, 06:30 PM
If you want to make 308 Norma brass you could neck down 338 Win mag or neck up 7 Mag Remington. the 30-338 and the 308 are very close.

243winxb
October 3, 2009, 10:47 PM
All kinds of dies here. Custom, case forming, wildcats. http://www.huntingtons.com/

doodle bug
October 4, 2009, 03:38 AM
A very big thanks to everyone ! wow! you guys have given me so many options my head is spinning??? i thought this would be a NO reply thread OOOOOOH was i wrong

Afy
October 4, 2009, 06:27 AM
Contact them (http://www.armurerie-auxerre.com/)

he will be able to get you everything you need. Might take a little time though.

Load data should be available from Tubal and VV.

otblue
October 4, 2009, 06:53 AM
I have made 308NM from just about any available belted magnum case but without a doubt the easiest is from 338 Win Mag. Just run it through the 308NM FLS die. Comes out a bit short that is no problem at all. I anneal but that's probably not essential.
Don't bother with Norma cases, expensive even in Europe and much too soft. Using Norma cases, Norma powder and Norma data I was lucky to get 2 or 3 reloads before primer pockets were too loose to load again. Using Winchester 338 cases with exactly the same loads, cases last 6 to 8 loads. Chronograph showed equivalent velocities so it wasn't an issue of case capacity. My dies are from RCBS.
There are lots mail order sellers in the US who will sell to you (dies are not a restricted export) but they may special conditions that they require mostly because of credit card fraud.

If you enjoyed reading about ".308 norma mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!